From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:19 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1522- 517TH PRCT- APRIL 08, 2008
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
Hello

Last Mail Call was just an effort to get more mail.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Recent website additions:

Lester Gene Hyman and friends, 596th PCEC

Lots of pictures of the 596th, most unidentified soldiers

517th Victory in Europe Prop Blast - May 19 1945

Toivo Moisio (?), Company D

Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948

Vanessa Armand

Dear Ben,

Thank you for putting me on MailCall.  I am glad to finally have a way to contact the others of this incredible group.  If I may, I would like to ask a favor of you and of all those on mailcall.  Teri Marrone, along with the young men of the TriState Jump Team (remember them from the recent DC reunion) would like to organize some kind of memorial for the brave 517th veterans that we have lost in the past year or so. Ideally, we would like to remember and commemorate all the soldiers that have left us, but the undertaking would be more than we could manage before the next reunion.  We would like to have something as simple as a setup or slide show (or perhaps something as complicated as a service) for the men, but we need names first.  Is there a way to get  a roster of any kind of those that have recently past? If not, can you send this to all on MailCall for any information that may be floating out there? The sooner we can get these names, the sooner we can begin to plan.  Thank you so much,

Vanessa Armand
Granddaughter of Major Don Fraser
                                                                *********
That is great to hear Ben.... not the length of the list, but the fact that you have one.  I contacted Chris about possibly getting a copy of the list for the purpose of TriState's plans.  Thank you again,

Vanessa

Billie Hiers

 Yes, Ben, we would love to hear more about the families of the 517th ... or whatever anyone wants to share.

We're preparing to place our CO ski home and that is a great deal of work since Lucky owned this place 7 or 8 years before we met almost 17 years ago.   WE have trouble believing that God in Heaven has allowed us to have these many years together.

I'm way behind opening Emails and have wondered what has happened with or to Boom Boom.

Someone asked whether anyone knew anything about 517th members who were captured and serve out the remainder of the war as POWs.  When Lucky was wounded there were two of his friends there with him and they were both taken captive.  (Lucky played dead.)   The one man was from Iowa and his official name was Ovid Kirby (known as Kirby).  The other man was known as "BUXTON."  Lucky never heard from him  afterwards, but Kirby and his family did visit Lucky in Tampa, FL.   Kirby's daughter contacted us by phone in 1994; Kirby had died in January of that year.

Lucky's health is normal for someone his age ... and he proved it by being sent to Denver by Ambulance last week.  Doctors took good care of him but only the Great Physician can change Lucky's basic health.
He hasn't been in a letter-writing mood, but don't be surprised when you do hear from him.

With warm wishes for all our Airborne men and women;
and for all the active duty men and women who serve.
Billie Hiers (for Lucky
                                         **************
Lucky and others should read  The Schmidt Bergstein Attack - Jan-Feb 1945 by Myrle Travers, F Co. -Ben
Merle Traver

Ben,
Is this the regular Mail Call or is it something else?  If it is another Mail Call list then I would like to be added.
Thanks,
Myrle Traver
                                                    *********
Everything is fine. Just trying to get a response for more mail- Ben
Bill Christian

 Palm Springs reunion
Laetst Update
Harold / Jean Roberts
Jerry / Bette Davis
Alex / Vera Sierra
Ponnie Davis
Gene Frice plus 2
Leo Dean
Vera Anderson plus guest
Brent Moore
Gerald /Marybeth Markle
Jay/Rita Castello
Ben Barrett
Elaine Markle
Virgina Jorgen
Virginia /Harley Wells
Bill/Marian Brannan
Bob Dalrymple
Marv/Cathy Williams
Bill/Marge Conger
Vince/Pat Podrasky
Bill/Gloria Hudson
John Knoph plus son
Grace Paciotti plusson
Rita Davis plus 2
Ernie Gilbert/Barbara Herrman
Steve/Virginia Markle
Darrell Egner
Marvin/Rickie Tetrick plus son
Lud Gibbons/ Marty
Bill/Sophie Christian
Elaine Berger

Hi Ben,
Please keep me on the Mail Call distribution.

Thank you,
Elaine Berger
                                           **********
You are on my Mail Call roster- Ben
Bob Christie

Subj: Fw: Fw: FW: something to ponder Date: 10/30/00 7:26:55 PM Eastern Standard Time

From: chrcook@juno.com (robert j christie) , > > >

--Have a great day. Serg>

The following is something to ponder.......

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness.. you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death.. you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof  overhead and a place to sleep.. you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a  dish someplace.. you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married.. you are very rare, even in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful.. you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the > shoulder.. you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we all are.