From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:20 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1528- 517TH PRCT- APRIL 26. 2008

Everyone is praising The Bobsy Twins  and rightly so for the excellent job on putting out the new Thunderbolt. However, we should not forget the excellent job  done by Merle McMorrow, The savior of the 517 Assoc, and later by Bob Christie who was also editor and Treasurer at the same time and put out a fine Thunderbolt  while battling health problems.

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking www.517prct.org/archives

Ben

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Recent website additions:

Lester Gene Hyman and friends, 596th PCEC

Lots of pictures of the 596th, most unidentified soldiers

517th Victory in Europe Prop Blast - May 19 1945

Toivo Moisio (?), Company D

Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948

Chris Linder

Hi All:

Leo---- The photography of your jump was GREAT.  I really enjoyed watching it.  Will you be making a jump at the St. Louis Reunion?

THE ST. LOUIS REUNION IS APPROACHING.  I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE PLANNING ON COMING.  PLEASE SIGN UP AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
Chris Lindner Co-chairperson of the St. Louis Reunion
Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

 Dear Claire and Helen:  WOW!  What a stellar job on the Thunderbolt.  It has arrived and been enjoyed with great gusto.  You are outstanding.  Thank you.  Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Lud Gibbons

Hey, Ben~~

Finally made my 90th birthday jump!  Only a week late....see pictures.

Hey. Leo do you know this guy?  He knows you.

Regards, Lud

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Adam Berry--We went into the Bulge so fast nothing in the way of camouflage equipment or clothing was issued down to Bn. level.  I doubt if it was issued at regiment or combat team level.  The Belgians sometimes gave us sheets to give us snow camouflage and some troopers may have found some things in the field to blend them into the snow.  We felt lucky to have arms and ammo and Joe Calder kept the 3rd Bn well stocked with what he could get his hands on.

All the 517th troops I knew wore regular GI helmets worn by the rest of the Army and we never were issued any special paratroop helmets.  I didn't know any existed.

Howard Hensleigh

Mary Jane Hanron

Hi Ben,

I LOVED the clip from the air show…Thanks so much for sharing it. As someone who was born on Flag Day (June 14th) I have always loved anything to do with Old Glory and feel a special responsibility to share the love for it I have as well as any lore and history I gather about our beautiful flag.

Bob Darlymple

You may have seen this before .... worth a reminder.  The Bone Yard near Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson , Arizona

YouTube - The "Bone Yard" Near Davis Monthan Air Force Base

Helen Beddow

Hello Ben,

I read Bob's email regarding Earle Ehly, and yes, he was at the Kissimmee reunion this past January.  He and his wife came in on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. I enjoyed the article that Bob sent in regarding Earle.

Helen

By -Laws

From time to time, I will include a page from the By-Laws of our Association because I don't think anyone except attorneys bother to read them otherwise. People have to do work behind the scenes to make the Association viable. Howard Hensleigh wrote the By-Laws

Ben

Will the members listed below please let me know if they did or did not get Mail Call No. 1527-Ben

--AOL Postmaster

<alysafb@comcast.net>
<camrod518@comcast.net>
<consulto@comcast.net>
<dgsnake@comcast.net>
<frogjansson@comcast.net>
<garandaddy@comcast.net>
<gigharborjo@comcast.net>
<jharob@comcast.net>
<johnjanreber@comcast.net>
<millennium1@comcast.net>
<mjhanron@comcast.net>
<mjkanejd@comcast.net>
<paul.beddow@comcast.net>
<poppopgos@comcast.net>
<r4b4@comcast.net>
<richardsonlbi@comcast.net>
<rkiehl@comcast.net>
<seckart1@comcast.net>
<tedcrawford@comcast.net>
<tomcopsey@comcast.net>
<welliot01@comcast.net>

<welliot01@comcast.net>,<tomcopsey@comcast.net>,<tedcrawford@comcast.net>,<seckart1@comcast.net>,<rk...cast.net>,<dgsnake@comcast.net>,<consulto@comcast.net>,<camrod518@comcast.net>,<alysafb@comcast.net>... Deferred: Bad file number
Message could not be delivered for 3 hours
Message will be deleted from queue