From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:50 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1542- 517TH PRCT- MAY 13, 2008

Sign up today for National Reunion. Only 43 days until we will be in St, Louis.

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking www.517prct.org/archives

Ben

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Information and Registration Forms:
 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

Recent website additions:

Major John "Boom Boom" Alicki, Reg. HQ

Leo Dean's 109th jump at the Palm Springs Reunion

Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Claire Giblin

  Hi, Ben -

I just read on Mail Call that registrations for the reunion aren't where they should be.

I must confess that I still haven't sent mine in, and I just talked with my dad (Allan Johnson , 596).  He hadn't sent his, either.  We've both been planning to come all along, and yet we're still not counted.  We will get ours out in the morning mail.

Chris Lindner and her sister Bev Strothkamp have been working so hard on this reunion, and those of us who have hosted know what they're going through: what if we give a party and no one comes?

I am pleading to all vets and Auxiliary members - register today!  Help us make this 64th anniversary reunion a success!  People who have brought families along to previous reunions will vouch for us: it is a great, great time!

Some of us might be holding back.  Maybe you're not as young as you used to be.  Well, who is?  But if you can still put one foot in front of the other, or be wheeled along to the hospitality suite, we want to see you!!!

Please, don't let this precious opportunity pass you by!  Send in your registration today!

Hugs to all my favorite vets and their fabulous families -

Claire Giblin

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Hi Ben
could you check if our room is booked in St Louis because we have sent the register form from France ?

thanks.
we are very excited to see all of you again.

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Lory and Tim Curtis

Ben,
Mine, and Tim's registrations are sent in for the reunion.  I hope more will come.
See ya in St Louie!

Lory and Tim Curtis, sons of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Bob Barrett

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_A._Sturgeon

Sturgeon was in the 3rd Battalion demo platoon with Boom Boom.  He’s mentioned by Boom Boom in MailCall 98, 644, 645, and 610.

Boom Boom must have kept up with him because he knew his address and when he died.  (MailCall 957)

And he’s in one of Alicki’s pictures:

http://www.517prct.org/bios/john_alicki.htm

I added Hal Jeffcoat to the Wikipedia entry.

Note:  Hal just died in 2007.  He should be added to the list of recently deceased.  (Also Boom Boom Alicki)

See: http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Hal_Jeffcoat

BB

517 prct By-Laws  Page 4

ARTICLE VIII. COMMITTEES

Section 1. Executive and Other Committees. The Directors may elect an Executive Committee from their number, at any regular or special meeting of the Directors, provided that the President and the Treasurer of the Association shall, for their respective terms of office, be members of any Executive Committee and shall be entitled to vote equally with the other members of such Executive Committee.

The Directors may, from time to time, appoint one or more other committees, such as an Advisory Committee, for such special purposes and, consisting of such Directors, Members or other persons, as the Directors shall determine. The Directors may delegate such authority and duties to such committee not in excess of those required for it to function for the special purpose it was created.

Section 2. HISTORIC COMMITTEE. The President shall appoint the chairman of the Historic Committee who shall be the official Historian of the Association and may select other members to serve with him on the committee. The committee shall gather and preserve statistical data, records, publications, archival items, artifacts, narratives, photographs, historical information, and other memorabilia. With the approval of the Board of Directors, the Historical Committee may publish, display and otherwise disseminate information thought to be of interest to our members or to the public at large. This committee may make recommendations to the Board of Directors concerning memorial markers, monuments, or special recognitions that they deem worthy of consideration.

ARTICLE IX. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Section 1. Fiscal Year. Except as otherwise determined by the Directors, the fiscal year of the Association shall begin on January 1, and end on December 31.

Section 2. Corporate Records. The original, or attested copies, of the Articles of Organization, By-Laws and records of all meetings of the Members shall be at the office of the Association's Clerk. Copies shall be available at all reasonable times for inspection by any Member for any proper purpose, but not to secure a list of Members for a purpose other than those which are relevant to the affairs, purposes and objectives of the Association.

Section 3. Evidence of Authority. A certificate by the Clerk or an Assistant Clerk, or a temporary Clerk, as to any action taken by the Members, Board of Directors or any officer or representative of the Association shall as to all persons who rely thereon in good faith be conclusive evidence of such action.

Section 4. Articles of Organization. All references in these By Laws to the Articles of Organization shall be deemed to refer to the Articles of Organization of the Association, as amended and in effect from time to time.

Section 5. Tax Exemption. It is intended that the Association be treated as an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, and notice shall be given to the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate as provided in Section 508(a) of said Code. Notwithstanding any other provision in these By-Laws to the contrary, for so long as the Association constitutes a private foundation as defined under Section 509 of said Code, all requirements and prohibitions described in Section 508(e)(1) of said Code are incorporated herein by reference and hereby made applicable to the Association, and, without limitation of the foregoing, the Association shall act or refrain from acting so as not to subject itself to the taxes imposed by the following sections of the Code, to wit: 4941 (relating to taxes on self dealing), 4942 (relating to taxes on failure to distribute income), 4943 (relating to taxes on excess business holdings), 4944 (relating to taxes on investments which jeopardize charitable purpose), and 4945 (relating to taxable expenditures).