From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:28 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1548- 517TH PRCT- MAY 22, 2008

Sign up today for National Reunion. Only 36 days until we will be in St, Louis.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701. Try to make August 15 as the deadline date so that we wont forget to make annual contributions.

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Information and Registration Forms:
 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Bob Dalrymple

Congratulations to Richard Hammel on his rise to Major . Bob Dalrymple , 596th Engrs

Bob Barrett

05/20/2008 6:15 PM ET

MiLB teams with Baseball in Wartime to honor vets

Minor League Baseball

ST. PETERSBURG, FL -- Minor League Baseball is partnering with the Baseball in Wartime organization this Memorial Day to remember all war veterans, especially those Minor League players who served in World War II.

On Monday, May 26, there will be a public address announcement at ballparks throughout the country that will honor all veterans and highlight the 4,000 Minor League Baseball players who served during World War II, including the 113 who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, losing their lives in military training and combat.

"We are extremely pleased to be able to partner with the Baseball in Wartime project," said Minor League Baseball Senior Vice President, Business Operations John Cook. "We hope these efforts will increase awareness of the program, but more importantly, we want to pay tribute to all veterans who served and specifically those who made the ultimate sacrifice during World War II.

"Doing so in conjunction with the Memorial Day holiday in our ballparks is a natural tie-in and will be the first piece of what we hope to be an ongoing partnership between Minor League Baseball and Baseball in Wartime."

"Working with Minor League Baseball is the ultimate step in honoring these veteran athletes," stated Baseball in Wartime Founder and Editor Gary Bedingfield. "There is no doubt that Minor League Baseball played its part when the country needed it most, but this has largely been forgotten over the 60-plus years since the end of World War II. I hope this moment of remembrance will be the beginning of a permanent tribute to military veterans of Minor League Baseball."

Baseball in Wartime's main goal is to preserve the memories of professional baseball players who put down their bats and gloves and served their nation in World War II. The organization has a monthly newsletter and an extensive website (www.baseballinwartime.com) that now contains in excess of 650 biographies.

Eddy Monfort

Dear Friend,

It will be a big joy to give help or guide Mr Chris Linder's son in Manhay or in the Ardennes.  I presume that our friend Irma and Arnorld Targnion will gave you an answer also... so' you can depend on me for a Thursday or a Sunday when I'm not to go work !

Sincerely,

Eddy

Steve Barrett ( Translations for mail from our Sospel friends

-----
Dad,

The following link lets you do a computer translation. Just cut and paste the text and press the "translate" button. It works for many languages. It is not perfect but usually I can use it to figure out the gist of the text =>
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=fr&tl=en

Here is the result from using this computer translation:

hello friends,
below an email from the 517th asking if one of us would agree to help a son of veteran to discover a few places where the 517th has raged.
For our part, we will go to the USA during this period. Indeed with veterans of the 517th among others.

Do not hesitate to assist them, it's always a pleasure to see their eyes shine when they are in the footsteps of their father or grandfather.
Patricia and Roland Orengo, Sospel

Here it is with some corrections I made to make it read better:

Hello friends,
Below an email from the 517th asking if one of us would agree to help a son of veteran to discover a few places where the 517th fought.
For our part, we will be in the USA when he is here (in Belguim), with the veterans of the 517th, among others.

Do not hesitate to assist them, it's always a pleasure to see their eyes shine when they are in the footsteps of their father or grandfather.
Patricia and Roland Orengo, Sospel, France

I made a couple changes that didn't translate well or had a typo in the original. The original translation is struck through and the correcttoin is in
italics

Patricia Seitz

Ben:  the eight grade exam was impressive!

Headlines from the past. December 22, 1944