From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 8:19 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1549- 517TH PRCT-MAY 23, 2008

 Sign up today for National Reunion. Only 35 days until we will be in St, Louis.
 Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701. Try to make August 15 as the deadline date so that we wont forget to make annual contributions.

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Information and Registration Forms:
 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

Daniel Curtis

To all the Troopers of the 517th,
Thoughts of all of you, your comrades already deceased, and all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in battle for freedom will be in the hearts of my entire family this weekend.  As I march in our local Memorial Day parade for my Fire Company I will have thoughts of all you brave men and all that each of you sacrificed for my family and myself. Thank you just does not sound like enough to offer, so I will add my daily prayers for all of you and your families. We will never forget!
Daniel Curtis, nephew of Pfc. Danny Ogniewski Co D

Virgina Wells

Dear Ben,

I am the cousin of Bettye Davis.  Bettye invited my husband, Harvey, and me to the 517th. reunion in Palm Springs, CA.  It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with many of the 517th. men and their families.  What a fabulous group you are and I hope we can meet again in Palm Springs.

Mail Call is so informative and brings back many memories of the times.  We are a US Navy family and were in Hawaii December 7, 1941.  Our attachment to our military continues today.  You and all of our military are in our thought and prayers always, especially on this Memorial Day.

Sincerely,

Ginny Wells (Virginia Wells)

Helen Beddow
Ben,

I have seen the Kansas graduation test several times, and I have to say I am proud that I was born and raised (on a farm) in Kansas.  I had a couple of aunts and uncles that took that test......unbelievable compared to today.

Helen
Jean-Loup

Dear Ben

 Concerning the family of a 517 vet who will be visiting southern France: I will be in the region of Nice in august and September, and may be able to help them out. I can be contacted at jean-loup@gassend.com or schyzowolf@yahoo.fr
 By the way, Mr Orengo and his wife are from Sospel, southern France; not Belgium.

 Jean-Loup
Chris Liddell

This picture is pretty awesome.  Temps were approaching 105 and they Soldiers were wearing wool!

If after seeing it, you'd like to know more, see attached link.

Merle Traver

Battle of the Bulge 1944