From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 9:35 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1550- 517TH PRCT-MAY24, 2008

Sign up today for National Reunion. Only 34 days until we will be in St, Louis.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701. Try to make August 15 as the deadline date so that we wont forget to make annual contributions.

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Information and Registration Forms:
 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Chris Lindner

 WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERY

VETERAN A VERY HAPPY MEMORIAL

DAY AND THANK THEM FOR ALL THEY

HAVE DONE.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE MEN OF THE

517TH PARACHUTE REGIMENTAL COMBAT

TEAM AND THEIR FAMILIES.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!!!! ALWAYS !!!!!

Chris Lindner

Bob Barrett

Erin Joyce Scoggins
 To whom it may concern:

May name is Erin Joyce Scoggins. May grandfather was Norman E Ross. He passed away not long ago. I am attempting to put together a photo album/scrapbook in his memory. I am currently looking for some additional information.

I know, he was part of the 517th (company C) parachute infantry. I know that he entered into service in September of 1943 and served until October of 1945. I currently have two photos of him in his uniform, his honorable discharge papers and certificate.

I am looking for any information, stories, pictures or people who may have known him in hopes of honoring my hero.

Thank you for your help.

Erin

 Matt Myers

 Ben,

I LOVE the "Stars and Stripes" pages you've been enclosing in the mailcalls!  Keep 'em coming!  Sad that in my own lifetime of just over 30 years I've never seen reporting so supportive of our military and critical of our enemies.  Granted, it was written for the troops, but it's a long, long way from anything I'm ever likely to read today.  I especially noticed the article "4 months are plenty, says navy fighter ace" in mailcall 1547, where a flyer who had served 7 months' continuous duty was suggesting that 4 was plenty.  Can you imagine that in today's news?  Instead of a paragraph, it would have been a front page spread with "expert" opinions of the strain caused by such service, criticism of commanders for demanding so much from our troops, and cries of being ill-prepared to rotate troops out more often!

Thanks!

Matt Myer
 December 18 , 1944