From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:47 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1551 - 517TH PRCT- MAY 25,2008

 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking www.517prct.org/archives

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29

Memorial Day

upper left portion of Dayton National Cemetery image; linked to poem upper right portion of Dayton National Cemetery image; linked to poem
lower left portion of Dayton National Cemetery image; linked to poem lower right portion of Dayton National Cemetery image; linked to poem

Claire Giblin

On this Memorial Day 2008, I am thankful to my favorite veterans.  I am privileged to know and work with all of you.  Thank you all for your service and sacrifice.  These good men and women of the Greatest Generation put their lives on hold for a greater good, and the world is a better place for it.

Thank you all.
Kent Immerfall

Tomorrow, we Americans observe "Memorial Day."  For one day we Americans are encouraged to take a few blessed moments to remember all who have served and continue to serve this great nation.  Though "some Americans" will be too busy tomorrow to stop and remember, keep in mind that the majority of us remember EVERY day.  Maybe, just maybe, our actions will be observed by those who have something "better" to do.  Lest we NEVER forget!  My thoughts and prayers ride and float with all who served and assisted the United States of American service men and women, especially the 517th PRCT

In Flanders Fields
John McCrae, 1915.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row