From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:45 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1560- 517TH PRCT-JUNE 10, 2008

Only 17 days left before we will be in St. Louis. Hope that you will be there. YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO BE THERE.

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29
517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

Claire Giblin

Hi, Ben -

St. Louis is fast approaching and we're looking forward to seeing everyone!

All veterans attending St. Louis should plan on spending some time with Pat O'Donnell and Rob McDonald.  The filming project is the most significant undertaking ever on behalf of the association and the auxiliary, and its success depends on the vets in St. Louis.

Please, gentlemen - come with a story to share.  Bring a photo or a piece of memorabilia.  We need to weave together all your stories to tell the story of the 517.

Make your plans today.  Think about it today.  Don't be shy - everyone has a story and we are expecting that everyone, or nearly everyone, will be spending time with Pat and Rob.  They are great guys and real fans of the unit, and it will be a great feature to an already awesome reunion.

Sound tempting?  Register today!  We can't wait to see you!

See you in St. Louis -

Claire Giblin
Pat seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  Please tell Lory thank you for spotlighting the letter his Dad wrote to his mother on June 22.  Lory is right, we cannot begin to appreciate fully what the men were going through, but we are humbled to have a glimpse of their willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice for the rest of us.  We are so blessed.  We look forward to seeing everyone in St. Louis.
    Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
Pat and Roland Orengo

Ben,
I feel better but I can't take plane.
I am so sad that we have had to cancel this trip. It should be a beautiful trip with help of Powell and Wells Families. And for the last week Saint-Louis with all of you.

I would like to know if I send a DVD of our speech, could you view it during the banquet with a computer.
I record it tomorrow and I send to you the Mayor's gift with our DVD.

Ben, thanks so much for your invitation. I do hope we will be with you next year. I PROMISE !

Hope to hear from you and thanks again for all you do to keep friendship between French and Americans.
Regards
Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France
 When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge video on The Weather Channel  Featuring Bob Cooper- D co.

June 5, 1944