From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:27 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1566- 517 PRCT- JUNE 17, 2008

Received 2nd issue of new Thunderbolt today.
 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29
517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009
Dick Seitz

Ben, just received the latest Thunderbolt.  It is truly well done. A big well done to Helen and Clair.  Those two wonderful ladies have done a magnificent job and each and everyone of us owe them our heartfelt thanks for all they have done for  the 517th.  They are Airborne all the way! Dick Seitz

Bob Cooper
 Lory Curtis
Please save me one of your Hard backs see you in St Louis
 Bob

John Hopkins
For Lori Curtis,
I am John L. Hopkins.    My father was John S. Hopkins, a member of the 517th.   Just responding to your query about the book.
I would love to have a hardback copy.
My email is tripler@tctwest.net.    If you will, please email me and I will exchange whatever information is required to obtain the book.
Thanks.
John L.

Gina Votti

This is heart-breaking, Ben.

It's like losing my father, again and again.

Thank God for the hope we have in Christ for eternal life.

Gina

Ben517@aol.com wrote:

Hello Gina,

Information about Charles Keen.

Ben

Hello Gina,

Information about Charles Keen.

Ben

Search Results
Document Title Date Size Score
mailcall/341a.htm 12/15/2007 2KB 98
Logbierme, Belgium 2007 10/01/2007 6KB 69
mailcall/342.htm 12/15/2007 7KB 68
mailcall/1059.htm 03/17/2008 23KB 60
mailcall/1244.htm 12/15/2007 16KB 53
mailcall/502.html 12/15/2007 13KB 48
mailcall/719.htm 12/15/2007 13KB 48
mailcall/475.html 12/15/2007 14KB 46
mailcall/1365.htm 02/16/2008 20KB 46
mailcall/410.html 12/15/2007 11KB 45
mailcall/866.htm 12/15/2007 13KB 44
mailcall/1406.htm 12/15/2007 17KB 44
mailcall/852.htm 12/15/2007 14KB 43
mailcall/838.htm 12/15/2007 18KB 42
mailcall/1476.htm 01/19/2008 29KB 40
mailcall/1217.htm 12/15/2007 24KB 39
mailcall/63.htm 12/15/2007 17KB 39
mailcall/1161.htm 12/15/2007 20KB 39
Decorations and Awards 12/15/2007 21KB 35
recollections2 12/15/2007 50KB 23
recollections2 12/16/2007 50KB 23
recollections 12/15/2007 291KB 15
Guestbook Entries 12/15/2007 435KB 14
Guestbook Entries 12/15/2007 410KB 14
Guestbook Entries 12/15/2007 444KB 14
Paratrooper's Odyssey 12/16/2007 502KB 13

Lory Curtis
Ben,
Please forward this to Chris Linder.
I see on mailcall your son is in southern France.  The Tunnel with the metal door should be the one located up in the mountains in the small town of Col des Braus.  My Dad, Bud Curtis, and others from HQ, 1st Bn lived in that tunnel for over 30 days in 1944.  In his book, Letters home, a paratrooper's story he talks about being in the tunnel and there are pictures he took in 1944, and in 2004, when we all returned to visit the site 60 years later.  I will bring the book to the reunion so you can see the pictures and read the stories.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st Bn.

Howard Hensleigh

Ben,  Some of the 517th troopers had their own version of Lili Marlene.  HH

Letters Home: A Paratrooper’s Story

By L. Vaughn Curtis, drlvc@comcast.net

Letters Home: A Paratrooper’s Story was written for the family of Harland “Bud” Curtis. Bud joined the paratroopers in April 1943, and found himself assigned to the famed “517th Parachute Infantry Regiment, later to become a Parachute Regimental Combat Team, “The Battling Buzzards.” From 1943-45, Bud wrote over 130 letters home to his mother, detailing his experiences from initial training to the eventual combat fighting in Italy, France, Belgium, and finally Germany. Bud’s mother kept these letters throughout her life, and they were discovered when she passed on.

Included in this second edition are quotes from General Seitz, Colonel Boyle, Major Fraser, and Merle Traver from the 517th reunion in Washington, D.C., 2007. Many historical facts from the beginning to the end are included with much information sited from Paratrooper Odyssey, Battling Buzzards, and many other references. This book is not an account of what Bud remembered, rather letters written on a specific day with documented facts of what happened on that day between 1943-45. These letters are often poignant with sincere thoughts and feelings of a combat paratrooper in the middle of the most horrific battles of World War II.

No profit is being made from the sale of this book. Costs cover printing & mailing expenses. It has been a labor of love to work with my father to compile his life in the 517th. If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the book make checks payable to L.V. Curtis, 2306 Williamsburg Circle, West Jordan, UT 84088.

Book Cost: $40 Hardback $30 Softback shipping included

Please complete the following

I want a Hardback____________Softback_____________book