From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 9:47 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1573- 517TH PRCT-JULY 1, 2008

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on
www.517prct.org/archives

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

Frank Ramos

.....let' s get this started now,
So it will be out there on the fourth!!!!

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG,
OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ,

AND TO THE REPUBLIC,

FOR WHICH IT STANDS,

ONE NATION UNDER GOD,

INDIVISIBLE,

WITH LIBERTY

  AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

KEEP IT LIT!! KEEP IT LIT!

For All of our other military personnel, where ever they may
Be Please Support all of the troops defending our Country.

And God Bless our Military who are protecting our Country for our
Freedom.

 Thanks To them, and their sacrifices we can celebrate the 4th of Jul y

PLEASE KEEP IT GOING TO YOUR FRIENDS, DON'T LET THE FLAME DIE
OUT!
PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING

We must never forget who
Gets
the credit for the freedoms we have, of which we should be
Eternally grateful.

I watched the flag
Pass
by one day,
It fluttered in the breeze.

A young Marine
Saluted
it,
And then he stood at ease..

I looked at
Him in uniform
So young, so tall, so proud,
With hair cut square
And eyes alert
He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men
Like
him
Had fallen through the years.
How many died on foreign
Soil
How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes
Shot
down?
How many died at sea
How many foxholes were soldiers'
Graves ?
No, freedom isn't free.

I heard the sound of Taps
One night,
When everything was still,
I listened to the bugler Play
And felt a sudden chill. I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant 'Amen,'

When a flag had draped a
Coffin
.
Of a brother or a friend.

I thought of all the
Children
,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and
Husbands
With interrupted lives.

Thought about a graveyard

At the bottom of the sea

Of unmarked graves in
Arlington .
No, freedom isn't free.

Enjoy Your Freedom
&God Bless Our Troops

Show Your Support Send This Page Along Today

When You receive this, please stop for a moment And Say a Prayer for our servicemen
This can be very powerful.... Just send this to all the people in your Address book. Do not stop this please... Of all the gifts you could give A
US Soldier, Prayer is the very best One.