From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:12 PM

Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1582- 517TH PRCT - JULY 12, 2008

This is for comcast members since the first time it was sent, it was returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!#^&#@#

Blue skies-Tahoe.

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

    Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

I just wanted to let Lory and Tim Curtis know that I am glad they came to the St. Louis reunion.  I am sure it was hard to come to this one with it being the first without your father being with you.

As you said in one of you e-mails you and Tim were glad to come and you felt like you were part of another family and that is the 517th family.  Well guys that is how this group of wonderful people make you feel.

I remember my first reunion at the mini in Florida and I showed up not knowing anyone my father had passed away 24 years or so prior to me even knowing the 517th was having reunions.  I then took my papers and pads of paper to the Oklahoma reunion and went with my son to continue to ask questions about the unit and also if anyone knew what my Dad did.  The people that I had previously met at the mini where wonderful and then I met more and more people.  Darrell Egner knew my Dad and as soon as I met him (I had talked to him over the phone prior to meeting him in person) I new I had a new friend for life.

I have never been lucky enough to attend any of the 517th functions with my father and from what I know my Dad never attended any of the reunion and ofcourse my father never talked about the war.  I was 21 years old when he died.

Thanks to this wonderful group of people I do have an extended family and that is the 517th family.  I hope that you, Lory and your brother Tim will remain a part of this wonderful group.
You both have a lot to share with the 517th members especially with the wonderful book that you wrote Lory and you and Tim have to know that this is one group that will always welcome you.

Thanks for coming to the St. Louis reunion and I hope to see you at more reunions.

Chris Lindner

Frank Ramos

Ben:  I have secured a Proclamation of the National Observance of the 60th Anniversary of the End of World War II, dated 2005 by President Bush.  My wife I came across it by chance at the White House and gave me some copies.  I thought a copy of this  document of it should be in the 517th PCRT Archives as historical testimonial to the members and families of the 517th PCRT.
                                           ***************
We will place the Proclamation on the website and in next Mail Call. Ben
Click
Slideshow: The 82nd Airborne

Shock and Awe Since it's creation, the 82nd has remained the nation's best-known -- and most widely respected -- airborne unit.

Tom McAvoy

Subject: FW: Check out 10 Spectacular Cockpit Photos - Canadian Bootstrapper

Lory Curtis

Wow, such great comments from Claire. Ben please thank her from the bottom of my heart.
Lory

Lory Curtis

Ben,
   Please extend our many thanks to Pat Seitz and Allan Greer for their very kind words.  They are wonderful people who made us feel so welcomed at the reunion.  And as her father would say " Airborne All the Way!"

Lory and Tim Curtis

Lou and Jessie Darden

Dear Ben, Just a note to tell you how much we (Jesse & Lou) appreciate all the work you do for the 517th PRCT.  The e-mail is great as always and when you are away from the computer we miss not hearing from you.  Sorry we missed the fun in St. Louis, but we had numerous things that came up.  We are planning to go to Kissimmee in January & hope to see a big crowd there. Until later. Jesse & Lou Darden, 460th HQ, 517th PRCT

Tom McAvoy

this is pretty cool .. I look at the center of the first line below the image and she will start the other way !

Which way does she turn for you?  This is really amazing.

Read all the information below.  This will drive people crazy for hours.

If you see this lady turning in clockwise you are using your right brain.
If you see it her tuning the other way, you are using left brain.
Some people do see both ways, but most people see it only one way.

See if you can make her go one way and then the other

by shifting the brain's current.

BOTH DIRECTIONS CAN BE SEEN.

Experimentation has shown that the two different sides or hemispheres of
the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the

differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:

Left Brain                    Right Brain

Logical                          Random
Sequential                     Intuitive
Rational                         Holistic
Analytical                      Synthesizing
Objective                       Subjective

Looks at                       Looks at

parts                             wholes

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking.
 Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain activities. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity.

If you look away, she may switch from one direction to the other.

I found that if I just look at her feet or relax and look at the floor

where the reflection shows, she will switch direction!