From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:14 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1585-517TH PRCT-JULY 16, 2008

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701
Ben

Website                                  www.517prct.org

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

  Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard

 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

 7470 Highway 192 West

 Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

 St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Audrey Coffman

Hi Ben,

I was going through Fritz's things and I found a paper booklet "Paratrooper Training Guide".

It's a little warn but I've put the pages into plastic. Do you think it is of any worth to anyone?

Keep up the good job.

Audrey Coffman

Rickey Ogolini

Mr. Barrett,
My brother and myself, Leo and Rickey Ogolini, enjoyed meeting you and other members from the 517th at the recent reunion held at St. Louis, MO.  We wished we could have persuaded our father, Guido Ogolini, to have come to the reunion with us.  I have enjoyed reading articles from the website, along with written books regarding the 517th.  My e-mail can be sent to ogie_55@hotmail.com.  My brothers' e-mail listing is  logolini@charter.net.  We would like to be added to your e-mail listing for regular updates as we hope to hear any stories related to the 517th history and particularly if anyone has any recollections regarding our father, Guido Ogolini.

Our father, Guido Ogolini, served with the 517th in the 2nd Battalion in company E.  While he is doing well at 92 years of age, he is happy with his daily routines and never did like to travel much.  He is doing quite well as he doesn't rely on any medication and still enjoys the occasional alcoholic beverage.

The following is an interview conducted by a college student with my father, Guido Ogolini, concerning his involvement in WWII some ten years ago.  This interview was just presented to our family and is very enlightening, as my father did not often discuss his army days.  I hope you can find a place on your website, or within your e-mail to share this with other interested parties of the history of the 517th.  I have also attached it as a Word document.  Again, I thank you for your time and enlightenment of the 517th history at the St. Louis, MO reunion.

Rickey Ogolini

April Hambrick