From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 7:34 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1586-517TH PRCT- JULY18,2008

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701
Ben
Website                                  www.517prct.org

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

  Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard

 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

 7470 Highway 192 West

 Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

 St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Darrell Egner

This is for my two California friends.  Two guys I met at the West Coast Reunion stand out and I would like to keep in touch via E-mail.  The first is Ruben Duren who came to the St. Louis Reunion.  Thanks for the T-shirt.  It was good to spend some time with you.  He called the other guy Ray Estrella (Slim) on his cell phone and I got to talk to him from St. Louis.  They also went to the airport with us to watch Leo Dean make jump number 110.

The two of them have arranged a big party (Bonfire) at a nearby Indian Reservation for next April.  I'm told the Chief of the tribe would like to throw a party for the group.  Hope this was not a secret.  Needless to say I plan to be there!

Bill Christian is the host of the West Coast Mini and throws a wonderful party for a great group.  Bill had 60 people at the last Reunion but with this news he might have to find a bigger hotel next April.

Darrell Egner

 Jean-Loup Gassend

 Hi Ben
 This is Jean-Loup Gassend, from southern France.
 I am sending this as a reply to Ms Audrey Coffman's question regarding her husbands artifacts from the war:
 All items from the war are now actively collected by museums or private collectors, who hope to preserve these objects for the future.
 Literally anything used by the soldiers back then (including toilet paper!) is of interest to somebody. So please take care of those objects of your husband, including his "paratrooper training guide", and I am sure you can find somebody worth while to give it or sell it too.

 I would like to remind all the 517th vets that I am looking for people who were in southern France to interview them for making an oral history book. Anybody interested in participating can send me an email at jean-loup@gassend.com

 Thank you

 Jean-Loup Gassend

Your mail goes here!