From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:08 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1588- 517TH PRCT-JULY 22, 2008

Please let me know if you are interested in Headlines from the war years.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701
Ben

 Website                                  www.517prct.org

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

  Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard

 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

 7470 Highway 192 West

 Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

 St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Helen Beddow

Hello Ben,

I have been away from the computer since the reunion.  After leaving St. Louis, we spent a week in Kansas, and then after coming back to Savannah, I had foot surgery.  I have been out of the Mail Call circle for a while.

First of all, I want to thank Chris and Bev for such a wonderful reunion.  The location was great, the food was great, and most of all, seeing and being with the 517th guys and their families was just wonderful.  Hal and I enjoyed seeing our old friends and meeting new friends this year.  This year's new friends will be next years old friends.  It is such a good feeling to see many more children of the 517th men coming to the reunions, and seeing how they interact with our vets.  They are like sponges soaking up all the information they can get.......awesome!

Thanks to Bev Strothkamp and a trip to Circuit City for a new camera, I have a lot of good pictures.  I tried to get pictures of everyone, but I didn't succeed in doing that.  My plan is to get a picture of everyone that attended the reunion, (group or individual) and have it in the T'bolt.  Anyone that has pictures, please send them to me, and I will use the ones that I need.  When you send them, please list their names if possible.  I wrote down a lot of names as I took pictures (scraps of paper etc) and that has helped...........but I do need help remembering that many names.  I want to get started on the picture section for the T'bolt as soon as possible.

Again, a HUGE Thank You to Chris and Bev and their families for such a wonderful reunion.

Ronald Stassen   (Netherlands friend)

Ben,

 It’s my pleasure to look after the Grave of Robert P Woodhull.

We may never forget, LEST FORGETT

 Unfortunately they made a mistake on his grave stone, we are still trying to make the correction work.

 Best regards

Ronald

Gene Brissey

Gene Brissey
Back home in Albuquerque and trying to recall the names of the hard working people who did so much to make the reunion such a great success and enjoyable. I have no trouble remembering Bev, Claire, Helen, Chris and the other lovely ladies who were there to greet us old men in the "action" room. The refreshments were great! Thank you ladies. Even some of the troopers helped. My commander Dick Seitz and his family added a lot, and of course Ben was always there to help us get started. Good to see you again and often, Ben. There is so much more that I would like to say but my eyes have trouble finding the proper keys. May I say it was a great Reunion!
Gene

Headlines from the war years. July 20, 1944