From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:27 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1591- 517TH PRCT- JULY 27, 2008

Please empty your Mail Box so that I wont get mail returned.

 Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701
Ben

Website                               www.517prct.org

Roster                                   www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

  Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard

 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

 7470 Highway 192 West

 Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

 St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Gene Brissey

Gene Brissey
I sent a few comments about the reunion which had nothing to say about Company E because I didn't meet anyone from E CO. But there was a son of an E CO soldier, his wife who did much to make my visit to the reunion really worth the trip. That son was John Krumm who brought his wife Irene, who did much to produce memories of the reunion. She took many pictures and produced a DVD that is great. It includes pictures of the old C-47 and the paratroopers making their jump. She also took pictures of Dick Seitz, Ben Barrett, and many others and even me. The son, John Krumm whoes father was in my squad and a good tough soldier who survived to the end. Young John has made three or more trips to Europe to cover the places his dad fought. On two of the trips my wife, Edie and I had the pleasure of being with him and Irene. We visited the Les Arcs area and the people who found my dog tag in their yard. We also saw Trois Ponts, Belgium and spent time with Irma and Arnold Targion and Maria Gaspar, Great people!
     Thanks to John and Irene Company E was represented by more than myself.  Gene Brissey

 This is the first page of Contents on our Web Site.

 Clicking on 517th History and Archives: will bring up more pages of Contents.We have everything that you wanted to ask about the 517 PRCT on our Web Site including a complete Paratroopers' Odyssey  and if you know of any substance that should be added,just send the information to us.-Ben and Bob

  Recent Guest Book Entries
Submitted by Comments:
Name: Jim Westberry