From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:40 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1597- 517TH PRCT- AUGUST 6, 2008

It would be more convenient for all if when you find something of interest for 517th members on the internet, if you would just send the link. especially if it includes photos.

Please empty your Mail Box so that I wont get mail returned.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009
517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

John  Buchalski  (John Alicki"s nephew )

Ben:
Thanks for passing on the pictures of my Uncle.

John

Pat Seitz

Ben:  Thanks so much. Boom Boom was a remarkable, sage of a man.  The pictures also brought back memories of the funeral of my godfather, John Lissner.

Babbie Boyle

Please send me Helen Beddow's email address the one I have does not work -- thanks. See you in January, God willing. Babbie

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Hello Ben,
for the moment we expect the refund from Armed Forces Reunion.
but we would like to do a donation to keep the 517 PRCT association viable with the difference not refund. So don't send us the difference, keep it for the association.

We wanted to give to you our contribution in St Louis, we were not with you so....

It is so kind from all of you to invite us in USA. We hope to be with you next year.
But we hope to meet again some of you in Sospel in October 2009 for the 65th anniversary. Don't forget if a vet or his family come in the south of France, we will be their guide in Sospel and its area.

Take care.
Patricia and Roland Orengo

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  What a wonderful way to relive Bev and Chris' fantastic reunion through the pictures of Lory Curtis, Vanessa Armand and Don Fraser.  Many thanks to you and Bob for posting them in Mail Call.  I am forwarding your latest mail call to my sisters who couldn't make it to this past reunion, so they could enjoy it by osmosis and savor Wayne Cross' historical synopsis of the southern invasion of France and Howard Hensleigh's details about Sgt. Dallas' exploits.  Thanks to you all for preserving the history of the 517th and making it so vivid for us offspring.  Pat and Alan

Darrell Egner

I have tried E-mail and phone calls and I have been unable to contact Donna Hilliard.  I have also contacted all the 517 ladies she has worked with and they got the same results, nothing.  I am sending this via Mail Call in hopes that Donna will see this and call, or someone else has some information.

You are showing  Leila Webb and Donna (In Mail Call) as hosting the Florida Mini but Leila has not been able to contact her either. Certainly we are all very much concerned about you Donna, however, for planning purposes we need to know what your plans are.

Donna we are all worried about our hard worker and friend and wish you well.  Please call or E-mail us.

Darrell Egner
Jean Loop

Dear Ben

 This is Jean-Loup, from southern France. In a few days I will be going to visit my brother in Menlo Park, CA, because his first child will be born. I saw that by luck, Howard Hensleigh is also in Menlo Park. I would sure like to drop by and visit him while I am there. I interviewed him over the phone last year, and this time we will be able to chat in person.
 So Ben or Mr Hensleigh, could you please send me your phone number or address in Menlo Park?
 I can be contacted at jean-loup@gassend.com

 Jean-Loup
Howard Hensleigh

Ben and Jean-Loup,

My address is Wing C, Building 331, 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025.  This is a Veterans Administration facility.  Once on the grounds you should be able to get good directions.

My phone number is (650) 327-2551.  However, often I am not in the room to answer it.  Ben, AT&T finally got my phone back up and I received the voice messages from you and your daughter.  Sorry I could not answer them but glad it all worked out.

Congratulations, Jean-Loup, on the new addition to your family.  I look forward to seeing you in person.

Sincerely, Howard E. Hensleigh

Guest Book Entry Aug. 6

From: Florida
E-mail: scott@theramseys.org
I can’t thank the men and women of WWII Enough. Ever since I attended the National WWII Memorial dedication in 2004, and met so many WWII veterans, I have been collecting stories from WWII veterans. During this time I have also made a video in honor of all who served during WWII. The video showcases different WWII Museums and Memorials and is set to some big band and WWII era songs.

I have been interviewing and collecting stories from WWII veterans for over four years now and I am still honored to hear such history from such great men and women. If you have a story or some history you would like to share please contact me anytime. From one paragraph to several pages, anything you have remembered is a historical treasure. I wish you all the best life has to offer, and Thank You.

If it is not too much trouble I would like to be added to the  email list.
Thank you,

Scott Ramsey

2008 January - When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge video on The Weather Channel

Click on Full Episode: Battle of the Bulge