From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:04 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1600 -517TH PRCT-AUGUST 14, 2008

Hello, Just trying to bring Mail Call up to date. Some may have been eaten by the computer.
I have received conformation about the passing of Don Lassen, editor of The Static Line.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009
517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

Don Lassen

Yes  it is true.  He passed away on August 8.  He had been in the hospital since June 30th, when he had back surgery.  That went well but he developed breathing problems and it was discovered that he had emphysema and COPD.  He made progress and was moved to a rehab floor at another hospital, where it was up and down for a few days, but he just couldn't  gain enough strength to get out of bed by himself - it just went downhill from there.   His wish was for the STATIC LINE to carry on along with the trip to Europe next year.  He wants the WWII veterans that are left and are able to visit Europe one more time.  We will do our best to make this happen.  We will miss him dearly. - Annette

Les Perkins

I WOULD LIKE TO GET A COPY OF THE BATTLING  BUZZARDS , IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN ORDER IT ,WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE ADDRESS.

LES PERKINS  CO  C  517

R Scott Weaver

I am writing this letter just to say hello. My Uncle was Gene Markle. I understand that 517 still keeps very much in touch and I think that is great. Interested in knowing more about 517. Thank you.

R. Scott Weaver
(813) 731-9244

GinaVotti

God speed to all our 517th heroes and their families en route to Southern France!!

May God bring you all home safely, once again.

Many, many thank-you's to all the wonderful French people who remember....

Gina Votti, daughter of Carl Votti

Sally