From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:27 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1603 - 517TH PRCT - AUGUST 17, 2008

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

Gina provided us with a really good link to the Battle of the Bulge.  With all of the reserarch I have done and of course listening to all of the vets at the reunions none of the families of you men can really understand still the horrors that all of you faced.

I cannot express how proud I am to be a part of the 517th Family and have met as many of the vets as I have of the 517th.  All of the members of the 517th PRCT are such a wonderful and modest group of people.

Thanks to all of you for being there for us 64 years ago.

Chris

Gene Frice

Ben,
  I have been pretty well off net for several weeks and will be in that status for another two weeks, however, I have with me a gentleman named Judge Josepth B. Denigan He said his father JAMES B. DENIGAN DoB 1926, was a member of the 517. He knows little about his fathers experience with the 517 other than he was a boxer (Service Co?), and was captured during the Bulge. He was released by the Russians. I gave him the history of the 517 and informed him of the Mail Call and the information on the system. Judge Denigan is with me and will be for several days.
  God Bless all of the 517 and our many family members, friendsand supporters on this August 15, 2008, after all these many years.
    Gene Frice, F Co.
Phil McSpadden

My daughter completely redone my house just before we came to the Reunion, and I had to take my computer apart for them to install new carpeting.

When I called a repair service to come hook it back up (can't get down on my knees and can't see the right holes to plug things in!!!), and they decided it needed 'dusting' so in the tower went, and when they brought it back to hook it up something burned  up when they plugged it to the power, and back it went.  Then when they brought it back a second time, other things wouldn't work!

So, my e-mails piled up and I didn't get them.  But, I'm back on line now, and would like for you to put me back on your mailing list.

Was good seeing you Ben, and I can see from the back e-mails that you have been travelling....enough to get placed in the Presidential Campaign.....I'll vote for you!!!

Take care,  Airborne, phil mc spadden

fairwayphil@thevillages.net

Walt Smith

Cher Ben, I wish to congratulate you on your persona being on the widely acclaimed website  which depicts ou as a promising contender for office.  You have my vote!  ( Now, to edit then reduce to 14 font.)
Walt Smith HQ 1ST

Helen Beddow

Happy 64th Anniversary to all of the 517th men, and thank you for everything you have done for our country.  It is an honor to know each and every one of you.  May God continue to bless you and your families.

Hal and I have good memories of August 15, 2005, in the Hospitality Room of the Savannah Reunion.  A few hearty souls joined us in raising a glass of wine to celebrate the time of the jump in Southern France, 1944.  It was a very good moment to remember.
Gina Votti

Dear Mr. Perkins,

If you would like to provide your address, I would be honored to order a
copy of Battling Buzzards sent to you as a gift of deep appreciation.

You should received in in 3-5 days.

My father, Carl Votti, was with Company B.

Most gratefully and respectfully yours,

Gina Votti

PS - Battling Buzzards is available from Amazon, and can be ordered from
any bookstore.  But, I would still like to provide this as a gift.

--
Virginia Votti
Principal Consultant

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

This is definitely the Ben we all know and love, hahaha

Chris
Mail Call- 2003

Becky Martinette has sent us a copy  of a letter written by a German soldier in 1944. She has the original. To get the full impact of the story behind this letter  you should read information about her father, Maurice White who was a medic with "H" Co. This background is in the BATTLING BUZZARDS  Paperback pages 256-258 and hardcover pages 207-209.

Ben

_______________________________

Subj: German letter
Date: 6/14/2003 5:10:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
saltaire@pinn.net

Hi Ben,

I think this letter was from the young German in the book
Battling Buzzards. Page page 256    The letter was with some of my fathers war things.
I wish I had his sisters address,or knew who she was..
Becky

___-