From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:21 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1609- 517TH PRCT-AUGUST 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Wild Bill Boyle.

Please empty your Mail Box if it has a limited amount of mail that it can handle so that I wont get mail returned.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Col. Boyle:
    Happy, Happy 91st Birthday.  May your birthday be one magnificent celebration and may each day of this new year be blessed with lots of love, wonderful memories and good laughs.  We are so very blessed and grateful for your leadership, courage, dedication and love of this great country and its soldiers. Thank you and may God bless you in every way.
Sincerely,
Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Adrianna Polk

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I think of the good times we had when Floyd would drive you to restaurants even though he lost his way for breakfast to the Cracker Barrel one morning because he was talking about his 517th days at the Florida Mini Reunion 2005.

August 29th is my birthday and my brothers who is five years younger then me.

Adrianna Polk

Gina Votti

Dear Mr. Cook,

Welcome to Texas!!

Please give a call when you get here.  I live a few hours away.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you both get
settled. You won't need those heavy coats this winter!

Sincerely, gratefully and respectfully yours,

Gina Votti
daughter of Carl Votti, Company B
512-444-8000  (office & cell)

Hello gentlemen!

My name is Greg Morehead and I was honored to be at St Charles County Airport for the performance of the Commemorative Airborne Jump Team.  I'm working on a story for Warbird Digest which is about the partnership between the warbird operators, such as the CAF and the Black Sparrow, and the jump teams, and how their teamwork offers a unique living history experience.

I think your thoughts as veterans of the REAL paratroopers of WWII is a critical component to the article.

If you have time could you please answer a few questions for me?  If I use any material I will be sure to quote you as the source!

1.)  How do you feel about reenactment jumps such as the one the CAJT and the Black Sparrow performed in St Louis?

2.)  Did the face to face interaction with the young jumpers bring back a flood of memories?  Any specific thoughts you'd like to share?

3.)  Do you feel the CAJT's representation was accurate?

4.)  Any other thoughts?

Take care and God Bless You!

Greg Morehead, Staff Photographer
Warbird Digest
513-267-3154

Chris Lindner

 Here SHE is, the USS New York, made from the  World  Trade   Center !

USS New York

It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the  World  Trade  Center .

It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions that include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the  World  Trade  Center was melted down in a foundry in  Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept 9, 2003, 'those b i g rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence,' recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. 'It was a spiritual moment for everybody there.'

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the 'hair on my neck stood up.' 'It had a big meaning to it for all of us,' he said. 'They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back.'

The ship's motto? 'Never Forget'

Please keep this going so everyone can see what we are made of in this country!