From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:02 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1611- 517TH PRCT-AUGUST 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Wild Bill Boyle.

       Click on                       William J. Boyle

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

Maria Gaspar,Arnold and Irma Targnion

Our best wishes to our dear friend Colonel Bill BOYLE, we wish you all the best, a good health, soft memories and a lot of nice moments. This evening, in the church of St Jacques, during the Holy Mass, Maria GASPAR will have a special prayer for you and yours and remember the sacrifices you did for us. God bless you and keep you. With love from Belgium. anMaria GASPAR, Arnold d Irma TARGNION and the members of the US Airborne Reception. Trois-Ponts.

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Happy Birthday to Bill Boyle

from
Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France

Darrell Egner

Bill

Just a Happy Birthday wish to a hero.  While I was with the 517 PRCT from start to finish I never had the privilege of meeting you during the War.  My first personal contact with you was in 1986 when you and your wonderful wife hosted our National Reunion in Albany, NY.  That is the same year that Charley Pugh and Bill Lewis found me and ordered myself and my wife to travel to your party from Florida.  Only missed two National Reunions since.

The grape vine tells me that Babbie may attend the Mini Reunion in January.  Sure hope she will honor us with her presence.  Leila Webb our host is hard a work putting it together.

Hope you have many more birthdays,

Darrell Egner
President 517

Bill and Lila Webb

Happy Birthday Bill Bolye !!

from Tom, Bill and Leila Webb

June Huffman

Pease keep me on the list.  I am careless about reading my mail, but I do appreciate knowing what's going on with all the group.  Things are going well for me at this time - hope all is well with you and yours! Thank you for your dedication.   June Huffman
Don Saunders

 Hi Ben.
I received # 1610 both times with no trouble.

 Don Saunders, 596 PEC Co.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BILL BOYLE from Don and Jan Saunders also.
Richard Hammel
RICHARD HAMMEL
Received both copies of 1610 with problem printout also.
Mary Jane Hanron
Hi Ben,

It appears from the messages on mail call that there have been problems with people receiving it? Just wanted to let you know, in case it is helpful, I am receiving them perfectly. I got the original #1610 as well as this one identified as 2nd attempt. I don’t know if this matters, but since I am a “Comcast” address I thought the info might be helpful.

Whatever the reason PLEASE do not give up on sending it! If you have to, call that company, “Computer Geeks!”  The information that you share is too valuable and so important to all of us who want to learn as much as possible about the 517th and the Battle of the Bulge.

By the way, it’s always so nice to see Irma’s name in Mail Call. I loved the note from the person who wanted her autograph!! If you are reading this, Irma, remember I told you that you are a star!

Love,

Mary Jane Hanron

Howard Hensleigh

Ben,  Your emails all come through to me in fine shape.  I now have a computer set up in my room.  Let me know if you would like to put the pictures in our website.  If so I can label each one including the ones of the battered le Golf Hotel.  Jean-Loup might like the description of the Germans.  My best,  HH