From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 3:39 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1613-517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 1, 2008

I think that we have solved the problem why  some providers were not accepting some recent Mail Calls, but not the reason.  Will cut out some frills for while , such as Links and Photos. More later.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

 Kent Inmerfall

  517th Members, family, friends, and guests:

I am adding my Sincerest Happy Birthday Wishes to a member of the "Original" Band of Brothers, Colonel Bill Boyle.  The "91" might be a measure of how long this brave and stubborn soldier has been on God's earth, but the true measure of a person is WHAT they have done within those ninety-one.

I have no idea how this 517th member gained the nickname of "Wild Bill."  Is there anyone out there that does?  Thank you Colonel "Wild Bill" for helping make this United States a free and democratic society.  Your words and actions will be your legacy.

Kenton Immerfall

Chris Lindner

From: Kenton Immerfall

Thank you Mr. Hensleigh for sharing the photographs not only with Jean but with the rest of us.  I enjoyed reading about the Manhay incident as well as the skirmish (you and Paxton) with the German machine gun nest.  I was able to locate my uncle, 1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, fifth from the left, in the last photo posted.  This is another Mail Call I will be saving forever.

Kenton

Lyle Madison

Ben     Have been receiving e-mail just fine. Last week I had the opportunity to have a
          couple of nice visits with John [ Jack, Red] Gutherie. He is in good spirits and we had
          a laugh or two. I would guess he is in assisted living but know one will say. I will
          certainly see Jack again on my next visit to Va. Beach. If anyone would like to
          contact Jack he is at  3100 Shore Dr.  Healthcare Room 280   Virginia Beach, Va.
          23451.    Jack was in Co. I and would like to hear from you.
          You are doing a great job Ben. Thank you.         Lyle Madison
Fred Beyer

 Ben

I receive your email each day, and read them the first thing each morning.  Keep up the good work.
Fred Beyer

Dan Smith

Ben,

      Thanks for Asking. Pat is doing quite well after the accident. She is able to walk, shop etc and I am her driver . We kid in referring to her as " Miss Daisy".
She is working hard  on her rehabilitation exercises. I never was really hurt and was discharged the same night.
We plan on being in Kissimmee. Our Love to Fran and you,
                                                                        Dan

Kent Immerfall

  Ben:

Oops...sorry!  I just looked at the 1944 Christmas Roster document I have and it is only for Company "I," the company Floyd was a member of.  Apparently, you were in a different Company.  I tell ya...this getting older is for the birds!  At least I know you are still alive and kicking.  Thanks for responding so quickly.  And, yes, I receive the Mail Call emails just fine.  Keep up the valuable and selfless service you perform.

Kenton
                                                           **********
It must tell us something when the kids are complaining about getting old. - Ben
Ray Estrella

Hello Ben, sorry about all of the trouble you are having with e-mails. I am receiving mine just fine. Thank you for all of the  work that you do on our behalf. Several months ago I started having trouble with AOL also, but was able to work it out. Take care of yourself, and by the way, the Mexican food and beer offer still stands.--Ray Estrella

Rick Sweet

 ----- Hi Ben,
          I usually don't pass on e-mails that I receive to mail call but I thought that this one was worth sharing! God bless all of our soldiers,past and present..... Rick Sweet

We truly take a lot for granted.  Pass this on so that all may know the price of
freedom.

Only two defining forces have ever offered
to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier
One died for your soul; The other for your freedom.