From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 7:18 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1614- 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 2, 2008

Walt and Peanie  Smith

 Ben, Walt and I have just received e-mail from Lisa Jolly, daughter of S/SGT. Ed. Jolly,Hq.1st. that her mother Nita passed away yesterday in Shreveport. La. Ed and Nita were host at the New Orleans, La. reunion. We were altogether in that fantastic Savannah, GA. reunion.
    We have been receiving your Mail Calls just fine. Thanks for all you do. Walt and Peanie Smith
Don Saunders

It was sure great to see the note from Lyle Madison about Red Guthrie. We sure missed them at the reunions, although I didn't make the last one. If we get to visit my daughter in Va. Beach in the near future we will sure pay him a visit.

Don Saunders, 596th PEC of the 517th PRCT
Dick Seitz

Ben. It is very simple.  Bill Boyle was a wild young officer, and a good one long before he joined the 517th. Airborne All the Way

Bob Hart
Ben, Have received all of your e-mails with no problem. We are msn customers so that is working too. Keep it up and I will try to send more letters.
                                                           Bob Hart   DCo.
Tim McLaughlin
Ben,
    Do you have any records of a Sgt John Schebendach?  He is my
deceased father-in-law, and didn't get to the unit until Nov 44, I
think.  He wasn't in the Christmas brochure that I could find.  I think
he served in Company D.
Thanks
Tim McLaughlin
Annapolis, MD

Joe McElroy

MOBILIZATION ORDER BY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE-ABYSSINIA, 1936
Everyone will now be mobilized and all boys old enough to carry a spear will be sent to Addis Ababa.
Married men will take their wives to carry food and to cook. Those without wives will take a woman without a husband.  Women with small babies need not go.
The blind, those who cannot walk or for any reason cannot carry a spear are exempted.
Anyone found at home after receipt of this order will be hanged.

 Lory Curtis

I usually don't forward emails that say they have to be forwarded, but I do feel everyone needs to fly the American Flag next Thursday, Sept 11th to show our pride, support, and love for this country.  You can rest assured my flag will be flying on that day.  Hope yours is too.

Lory Curtis

I'll be flying our flag
Subject: Fw: September 11, 2008

THE PROGRAM:

On Thursday, September 11th, 2008, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States . Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this seventh anniversary of one our country's worst tragedies. We do this honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. &nbs p;Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds

Action Plan:

So, here's what we need you to do ...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America !