From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 8:42 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1615- 517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 5, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Richard and Katherine Wheeler

Hi, Ben -
Richard and Katherine are receiving all your Mail Calls with no problems.  We read all.
Richard knows several men from 460th FA Bn Bty B, but none are on computer.  So at times we send on a mail call by snail mail if there is information they would like to have.
God Bless Mail Call, Ben, and the 517th Prct Inf Reg Combat Team.
AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY
Richard and Katherine Wheeler
 Patty and Dan Smith

Dear All,

           I couldn't keep from laughing. Bud, I hope this does not portray someone you know.

                                               All the Best,

                                                Patty and Dan

My friend Jerry forwarded this one on to us and I am forwarding it on to you.
It is a good laugh..  years ago the Dean martin TV show was live and usually
very funny.  Foster Brooks was a regular  act on the show and he always played a
drunk.  This particular skit is really one of the best and funniest.  If you remember
these guys, I hope this brings back fond memories.  If not, enjoy. This will  be a treat.
Foster Brooks and Dean Martin -- How safe is flying!
http://worriersanonymous.org/Share/Safeflying.htm

http://worriersanonymous.org/Share/Safeflying.htm

Bob Dalrymple

Ben: I am back in business after a wonderful reunion with my families on the OR coast . I have had no problems receiving your messages, including Mailcall. Bob

Greg Morehead
Hello Gentlemen!

I'm still looking for help on the magazine article about the paratrooper jump reenactment which took place in St Louis this year.  I can't imagine writing an article with out the perspective of you, the real paratroopers!  Please review the questions below as suggested topics for your reply.  You can answer one, all, or if you prefer to comment on something totally different, that's fine too!

1.)  How do you feel about reenactment jumps like the Commemorative Airborne Jump Team (CAJT) and the Black Sparrow performed in St Louis?

2.)  Did the face to face interaction with the young jumpers bring back a flood of memories?  Any specific thoughts you'd like to share?

3.)  Do you feel the CAJT's representation was accurate?

4.)  Any other thoughts?

Any thoughts you can share with me concerning the jump that took place in St Louis and how it relates to your experience and keeping the history alive, would be appreciated.  Your words are worth much more than mine.

Sincerely,

Greg Morehead
Staff Photographer - Warbird Digest
e-mail:   greg_morehead@aksteel.com