From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 4:26 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1620- 517TH PRCT- SEPT 12, 2008

Mark Landreth

Ben - My prayers and thoughts go out to Gen. Seitz in hopes for a speedy recovery. mark

Myrle and Betty Traver

Ben, Please extend our concern about Gen. Seitz.  We hope that he has a full recovery and is up and about soon.
Myrle and Betty Traver

Lory Curtis

Ben,

For some reason I did not know General Seitz was ill.  Please forward
this to him.

To General Seitz and his entire family may we wish you a speedy
recovery and good health.  You are the mainstay of the 517th, and we
look forward to seeing you at our next national reunion with your
family.  You are in our prayers and thoughts.  And as you, General Seitz
would say:  AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!
God Bless you.

Lory and Tim Curtis, sons of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Howard Hensleigh

Message for Dick Seitz:  You are a great airborne leader.  God bless you.  You have a grand bunch of kids.  No need to answer, just get well.  Howard Hensleigh

Bob Barrett
I know that you reported Dunaway passing away back in March.  So I don’t know if this is worth anything more.  It’s his bio at:

http://www.ausa.org/programs/nco/nconews/Pages/SMADunawayDies.aspx

Nila Gott

Hi Ben,

I want you to know I so enjoy reading all the emails.  Yes, I wish Rick and I could attend another reunion.

I don't have any more copies of Nacho, but definitely use the poem any time you like.
Sometime I may make up some more books, just not perfect bound since that is so expensive, but spiral bound.  It is the story that is important, not the binding.

Nila
                                    **************
Nila Gott is the former wife of Nacho and wrote about Nacho's life in "Not Ready to Die"

Merle McMorrow

Ben:

I don't normally load most material sent to me but this one brought tears to my eyes.

                                                                        Merle

 Marshall Baird

Ben,
  Just read Karen Gierman's article about Lt. Dan Cook and Robert Applegate. Applegate and I exchanged audio tapes over the years until his untimely passing.  Lt. Cook and I spent many, many hours playing cards by candlelight in the Plt. CP there in So. France.
Would like to be able to contact Karen if possible to see if she would provide me with  some of Cook's tapes.  Would exchange some of Bob's for them or whatever.  Could you be of help in that regard.  Thanks for all you have done and do for the 517 PRCT. !!!!
Mark (Marshall) Baird