From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:08 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1629. -517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 30, 2008

Do you plan on attending 2009 Reunion in Salt Lake City .Please answer yes or no .
At St. Louis reunion, we had no volunteers among veterans to host the 2009  reunion and therefor,we gave the privilege to the auxiliary which is fine, but causes thought about future reunions.The 2009 reunion must be a success or we may have to rely on Mini Reunions for future gatherings which may be the way to go. Veterans are getting older and health seems to deteriorate with age. Auxiliary members will not get younger either. Airplane travel now days is like punishment. Maybe center of country? St Louis or Kansas city? Your comments!

Mail Call No. 1626 is now in the archives.

Please, if you find something of interest to the 517 members on the internet, send me the link instead of an attachment. It will save me looking it up. Links on Mail Call save space.

 Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

web site: WWW.ramadagateway.com

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee  - $40.00

Gina Votti

I hope and pray that we can encourage this young man who is searching for information about his GREAT GRANDFATHER.  He is a very special young man, as was his great grandfather.  There are so few youth today who care.  Who knows how far-reaching and inspiring the information may be for this young man, his family and friends. -MC2628

Gina Votti

Walter Smith

 Hello Ben, Peanie called my attention to the Sospel pictures.  She knew that I spent a short time at the near top of the Mt. above Sospel before entering Sospel. She will edit it for me.  Anyway the switchback roads were familiar!
    Peanie reads most of the mail calls of interest to me.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.
WALT SMITH HQ 1st

Tom McAvoy

These are members of S-2 section Regt Hdq Co.1st row L.to R.Jack Dunaway, Nxt Johnny Davis, (both deceased )3rd  Bill Edwards,4th Capt Al Dearing (deceased)5th unknown back row Joe Allen,nxt Burch,3rd unknown 4th Wireck 5th unlnown picture on right repeat of Dunaway and John Davis signed Tom McAvoy( Photo MC2628 )
January 1, 1944