From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 7:38 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 2632 1632 - 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 3, 2008

Hello;

The 2009 reunion in Salt Lake City will be in July. Will have dates soon.

 Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Pat Seitz

Ben:  Dad said "No Objection."   Thus as to June Huffman's inquiry: We are pleased to report that Dad is most resilient and recovering nicely and steadily.  His exit from the hospital this last time (last Monday) was a minor miracle -- much, much more quickly than we had been told to expect.  Issues relating to his heart are now stabilized.  Guess it is "clean living", exercise and good genes plus great Guardian Angels, excellent doctors and the power of prayer of wonderful friends including his comrades in arms.  Dad sounds better and is feeling better since before the unexpected, but very successful colon cancer operation and stint procedure last August.  He is following the doctors' orders (my sister Cache initially, and now my brother Rick are strict enforcers! I'll get my opportunity come October 12). So we thank God for His many blessings.  Pat

June Huffman
I am receiving your e-mails in good form.  I have been out of the e-mail business for awhile, but am looking forward to getting lined up again.  I was sorry to hear Gen. Seitz was ill,  Can you give me an update on him.  He is too important to all of us for him to not be able to be at the meetings.   June Huffman

Dick Seitz

Ben

For Gene Brissey/  Thanks Gene for your kind note.  I arrived home yesterday,  after three weeks in hospitals etc I feel weak, but happy to be home.  Dick

Art Vesco
Hi Ben

After breakfast the first thing I do is get this thing fired up to read mail call I do not see too many names I know but then at the rate we are leaving it is no surprise. Please keep me on the list.

Art Vesco
June Huffman
SORRY---NO.

Mel Dalberg
Hi Ben,
Could we go back to Kansas City again in 2009?
I know we've been there (I think last time was 1995?)
But it's centrally located for most of us.
Just thought I'd give you my opinion.
Best Airborne regards,
Mel

Steve Markle
Ben.... Put us down for at least 4 and hopefully 5 if my mom decides to come along with us to Salt Lake City. We all enjoyed the DC reunion and are always happy to hook up with our 2nd family... the 517. We may not make all of the reunions, but will go to all of the ones that our schedule will permit.

Thanks for all you do....
-Steve-

Ben, We will attend Salt Lake, Bob & Kathy Hart
LES  PERKINS  CO. C 517   I PLAN TO BE ST THE REUNION IN SALT LAKE
Dick Seitz
Bill, sometime ago I sent you an e mail with a report of a daring small unit operation of a unit of the 517th Parachute combat team.  Bill, I consider the night crossing of the Var river and follow-up capture of the town of La Roquette one of most daring and highly successful operations of WW 2.  I  highly recommend you publish the story. With great admiration.  Seitz