From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:42 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1634- 517TH PRCT-OCTOBER 8, 2008

Hello;

 Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Dick Seitz --Mail to publisher of "Airborne"

Bill, this email in two parts.  Part one. Bill, recently I sent you an email bringing to your attention a daring operation conducted by E Company 517th during WW2 and recommending that you consider publishing in Airborne.  Did you receive my e mails?  Part two. In the latest issue of Airborne you asked for feedback on the Purple Heart.  I think the Purple Heart should remain an award for wounds received through enemy action and the inscription should acknowledge that.  With profound admiration for the job you are doing to keep the airborne community informed through Airborne.  Dick Seitz

Tom McAvoy
Fenway Park....special olympics day......

 Great video.  It makes one feel good that there are everyday people out there who know what it's about.

http://videos.komando.com/2008/10/05/national-anthem-at-fenway-park/

 Nicolas Arnulf

Dear Ben,

As I told you before, I organized official commemoration of the Col de Braus fights' 64th aniversary in collaboration with Touet and Sospel city halls.

For that reason, I've been helped by my friend Roland Orengo from Sospel, and I organized this reenactment with Forty-Four Memories's association.

Program was : 3 September 1944 patrol inside railway tunnel's reenactment by 517th men, the afternoon, commemorative walk on Col de Braus road. The evening, camp took place on Col de Braus. The day after, walk arrived in Sospel, followed by vehicles and in the afternoon, Fort "Agaisen" visit.

I wish our dear veterans could see those pictures and they could be published on the website. Here's a copy of the Nice-Matin newspaper article I published today.

Yours,

Nicolas

ps : thank you for adding on the Gilles Guignard article (in 517th Website) that I organized Ignatius J BAIL veteran's welcome when he came in Escarčne on august 13th 2008 and gave him "honnor citizen" meda

Col de Braus battle - 64th anniversary

Hi Ben,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having published my 64th Col de Braus aniversary pics and article. Here are videos' event that could be added to the article.

Parade in Touët de l'Escarčne : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6zd3r_517th-prct-defile-touet-de-lescaren_webcam

Reenactment - (3rd September 1944) - 517th patrol Check the Railroad tunnel :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qcVv6u1HM

Touët de l'Escarčne - (I tell a speech with the "mayor" of Touët) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnl5U1ef780

Regards,