From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 11:46 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1641- 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 20, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Eline Broudy Shaw
Hi, You can include me in on the mail call please.
Leenieshaw@aol.com
Thanks forevermore.

Eileen Broudy Shaw

Mike Kane Jr.
Hi Ben.

At the end of September, I took a trip to So. France and through the incredible generousity of Frederic Brega and his wonderful lady, Anne-Sophie, was able to visit just about every place my dad (Mike Kane, D Company) and the rest of the 517th "visited" in 1944.  From LeMuy, La Motte, Fayance to Luceram, L'Escarene, Col de Braus and Sospel.

I met Roland and Patricia Orengo for lunch in Sospel and they were so kind  to take me around the town in their jeep.

Frederic has been building a 1943 Jeep from scratch, using all original parts and I happened to be there when he put the last bit of wiring together on it.  So I had the great fortune of being along for the jeep's maiden voyage as it negotiated the hills around Nice.

In Col de Braus, we hiked around the hillsides picking up pieces of shrapnel that still litter the ground.

I took a lot of photos of all the places we visited and the many memorials noting the 517th.  A few of them are at the same places that are in the pictures my dad had and which are on the 517th website. There are too many to view as an attachment to this email so I've posted them, and the 1944 version of some of them at the following website to make it easier.

http://mjkanejd.smugmug.com/gallery/6295490_wMH8k#396838374_fFTBv

If there are any that you'd like to add to the 517th website, let me know and I'll mail you a disk.

I can not begin to adequately thank Frederic and Anne-Sophie, as well as Roland and Patricia for turning something I only dreamed about into a reality.  I will be forever grateful for their generosity and kindness.

All the best,

Mike Kane, Jr.
Mike Kane Jr.

Ben, I forgot to note that, when you click on the link I sent you for the photos I took

http://mjkanejd.smugmug.com/gallery/6295490_wMH8k#396838374_fFTBv

if you are prompted, the password is:    517th

Thanks,

Mike

Joe McElroy

ENJOY

---
Get a load of these high school kids. At the conclusion listen to the high notes on the trumpet . . . played by a high school kid? One of the fathers recorded it, added some graphic enhancements to the recording, and posted it on the web.
The song, of course, is the " Battle Hymn Of The Republic." Be prepared . . it will definitely send a few shivers up your spine. Click below!

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

Steve Markle
I have just completed the upload of the November 1981 edition of Wings.

Enjoy.

-Steve-

For over 20 years Dr. Charles Pugh published a newsletters for the members of the 596 PCET. These newsletters were ones that my dad prized and we continue to cherish.

Thanks to the cooperation of Ann and Teresa Pugh and others from the 596, I am please to announce the republication for the families of the 596, and others interested in the history of the group. This is the 1st issue of what I hope to be the full 20 years that we have archived. Bookmark this page, and check back for updates. I will try to get at least one per week added to this location;

-Steve-

NOTE: In order to maintain as much quality as possible with these documents, they can be large (~10mb).

Another Unknown picture now has a name attached.

Unknown04_AJ_.JPG (http://www.517prct.org/photos/596th_portraits2/Unknown04_AJ_.JPG) is now identified as Jesse Floyd.

-Steve-
Here are a number of name updates, thanks to reviewing the old issues of Wings (the Charlie Pugh publication for the 596) .....

http://www.517prct.org/photos/596th_portraits2/23_ONeil_and_Unknown.JPG = Don O'Neil and Jim McFadden (AJ)

http://www.517prct.org/photos/596th_portraits2/Unknown38_AJ_.JPG = Mcfadden, Ryznic, and Stinel in Manhay Belgium(AJ)

http://www.517prct.org/photos/don_saunders/ScannedImage-104.jpg = 596th Airborne Engineering Company - 1981 Reunion (DS) [Orlando]

The following photos were never published to the 517 site, only to the 596 picture site (http://www.markleweb.com/gallery/v/wwii/)

Ben and Bob...

This last May, Hal Roberts from the 596 was very generous in sharing his very large collection of photos and other memorabilia. I just went to place some names on those pictures and realized that these pictures did not make it to you. Since this is a large collection (74.95mb), I have zipped them up and placed them on my server for you to download at your convenience if you are interested.

They can be found here;

A heartfelt thanks to Hal for letting this happen.

-Steve-