From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:17 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1644-517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 28, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Recent website additions:

Sospel 1944 and 2008

Pvt. Richard Whidden, D Company

Col de Braus battle - 64th anniversary

Sospel 1943 and now

3rd Annual 517th Commemorative March, August 2008

Visit to Southern France 2008 with Ignatius Bail, 460th PFAB

LTC Craig A. Osborne

Sir,

My name is LTC Craig Osborne and I am a Special Assistant to Admiral Mike Mullen, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Admiral Mullen's uncle, Charles Boyer, was in HQ Company, 3rd Battalion, 517th PRCT. This past weekend, he emailed me a picture that is posted on your website with SGT Don Chaulk, SSG James Kitchen, CPL Allen Rasberry, and his uncle in Nice, France in June 1945.

Is it possible to connect the Admiral with any of the other three people in the picture?  Or with anyone else that may have known his uncle?  As I read some entries on the website, it appears that Howard Hensleigh is on the net and knew the Admiral's uncle.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance. I myself am a paratrooper with three combat deployments with the 82nd. Men like me owe so much to your generation-we are doing our best to not disappoint you.

Very respectfully,
Craig Osborne

LTC Craig A. Osborne, USA
Special Assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Staff
Chief, Warrior and Survivor Care Task Force
Pentagon, Room 2C877
703.692.2102 (Office)

We do not have any of the three men mentioned on present roster. We do have the widow of Donald Chaulk on 517 roster which includes family and friends.. Can anyone provide information for LTC Craig A. Osborne.--Ben

Patricia and Roland Orengo

une autre photo du week-end de commémoration au Touet de l'Escarène et Sospel (4 et 5 octobre 2008).

on dirait ... des vrais !

an other picture of the commemoration in Touet de l'Escarene and Sospel (October, 4th and 5th, 2008).

It seems real !

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France

Ben,
the picture sent a few minutes ago, it's our way to thanks again all of young americans to deliver us from the nazi
today is the 64th anniversary of this liberation in Sospel.

God bless you.

Patricia and Roland Orengo