From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 7:11 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1649- 517TH PRCT-N0VEMBER 3, 2008

. Check www.517prct.org/archives if you do not receive a Mail Call for several days or miss one. Bob puts all Mail Calls in the www.517prct.org/archives as soon as possible after I send them .

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Recent website additions:

Sospel 1944 and 2008

Pvt. Richard Whidden, D Company

Col de Braus battle - 64th anniversary

Sospel 1943 and now

3rd Annual 517th Commemorative March, August 2008

Visit to Southern France 2008 with Ignatius Bail, 460th PFAB

Melanie Hanson

Dear all of the 517th  and especially F Co., This is Gary Davis's youngest daughter Melanie and I would like to thank you for being such a HUGE part of Dads life. I had the privilege to meet so many of you at the reunions and could understand Dads love of his 517th "Band of Brothers"  I feel blessed to have met all of you and your families.

Thank you to my new adopted Dad -Gene Frice for being their for all of my family in our time of sadness and for helping us remember Dad for the true soldier and man he was. Thank you for Genes family for loving us all and being there for us - luv you Gene, Karen & Wayne !

P.S. Please write a remembrance/story of Dad to share with my family if you would -please

Sincerely, Melanie Hanson - daughter of Gareth Davis F Co. of the 517th

Lory Curtis

Ben,
Please let Don Sliker know how much I enjoyed watching his video about the SR 71.  As a retired Army Helicopter pilot it made my day!

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Jean Loup--Your brother, sister-in-law and nephew paid me a visit Saturday and returned my beat up scrap and picture book.  Althhough you came here to see him, but he didn't arrive on time, this means I must have seen your nephew before you did.  He is a good looking guy with a head on him with room for a large brain, an inherited trait.

Good old Harry Truman looks great having had a good night's sleep.  Like any Missouri farmer he knew that was essential to be ready for the events of the next day, not like Jimmy Carter who believed if he spent all night in the Oval Office he would be able to free up our embassy personnel held as a gross breach of intentional law by that bunch of Iranians headed by their present head of state.  Ron Reagan, an original Midwesterner, who also believed in going to bed at night got the job done with his innaguration.

GET OUT THE VOTE,  Howard Hensleigh

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Our great friends in Sospel-Ben

Message de Patricia et Roland :
nous vous invitons à partager quelques photos de nos albums.
notez l'adresse du site afin de l'ouvrir et visionner les photos que nous ne manquerons pas d'ajouter au fil des jours.
we would like to share some pictures of our albums.
note the address of the site to open and view the photos we'll be sure to add over the day.

Patou et Roland,
Sospel
France
Si cet e-mail ne s’affiche pas correctement, copiez-collez le lien suivant dans votre navigateur :
http://picasaweb.google.com/orengosospel
Pour partager vos photos ou recevoir une notification lorsque vos amis partagent des photos, créez un compte Picasa Albums Web gratuit.

Tom McAvoy

Subject: Fwd: European Air Race Photos

This is a fantastic collection of aircraft photos taken while racing in
an Old World setting in Europe. There are 17 in all, and a lengthy set
of comments by viewers at the end about the locations, the aircraft and
the photo techniques.          It is surprising how close they are
coming to the structures and some of the buildings. People are easilly
seen in the windows of the apts. on the Danube River.
          The comments by the orignator of a personal nature were made
by a young woman architect who was part of our glider flying group in
years past until motherhood and the job forced a halt. RC

You've got to see these amazing images (if you haven't already seen
them) from some of the 2008 European Red Bull Air Races - in Porto,
Portugal, and Budapest, Hungary:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/air_racing.html  They are
amazing!