From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 8:23 PM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1652- 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 7, 2008

A quiet day for Mail Call.

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Recent website additions:

Sospel 1944 and 2008

Pvt. Richard Whidden, D Company

Col de Braus battle - 64th anniversary

Sospel 1943 and now

3rd Annual 517th Commemorative March, August 2008

Visit to Southern France 2008 with Ignatius Bail, 460th PFAB

Gary Davis
Hi Ben, hope things are well with you. Yes I would like to continue with mail call. I appreciate all you do.

Mike Ammeron
Dear Ben:

I am Walter T. Ammermon's son and have changed my email address.  My "old" email was mwa@sbcglobal.net and my new email is mwacpa@me.com.   I thought I had sent to you the update and apologize for the emails that were most likely returned to you.  For years now I have printed your emails and then mailed them to my father.  Please add me back to the list so I can continue bringing him some joy.

Best regards,

Mike

Michael W. Ammermon, CPA, CFE
Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support & Fraud Examinations

Tom McAvoy
Just a  note on the E-Mail address of Ed Backus It came back as no good  today. Thank you for the try.   Tom McAvoy

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team
517th Parachute Infantry Regiment
460th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion
596th Parachute Combat Engineer Company

The Battling Buzzards Home Page

Click on logo above to enter

This site is dedicated to all Troopers of the 517th PRCT, their families, and the brave French and Belgian Resistance Fighters who supported and fought with the 517 PRCT in WWII.

Today in History

  1942: Allies invade North Africa

The Allied Powers in World War II invaded North Africa today. "An announcement of the action, obviously aimed at winning complete domination of the dark continent and reopening the Mediterranean sea for the United Nations in conjunction with the victorious British drive westward from Egypt, was made in a simultaneous announcement tonight by President Roosevelt and a communique from the War department," reported the The Port Arthur News on November 8, 1942. "The White House statement said the purpose of the move was twofold: 1. To forestall an Axis invasion there which 'would constitute a direct threat to America across a comparatively narrow sea from western Africa.' 2. To provide 'an effective second front assistance to our heroic allies in Russia

1916: First woman elected to U.S. Congress

Jeanette Rankin, of Montana, was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives today, becoming the first woman to serve in Congress. "As soon as it was learned that Miss Rankin had won, telegrams from all parts of the country began to shower upon her at her home in Missoula. Prominent suffrage leaders of the country sent messages saying that her election was significant of a great victory for the women of the country," reported the The Indianapolis Star on November 11, 1916. The newspaper article then went on to describe Rankin's physical characteristics, along with her cooking abilities: "Miss Rankin makes her own clothes, stunning ones, too - her hats, and she is also an excellent cook." NOTE: Rankin's election was especially significant as women would not have the right to vote until four years after she was elected to congress.

Recent Guestbook entries

Submitted by Comments:
Name: ROGER W. WILLIAMS