From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 9:13 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1654- 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 10, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Gene Frice

Ben,
     for Kathy Perkowski (Walt Perk)

Kathy,
  I saw your email in our 517 Mail Call. I have known your dad and Carol quite well for all these years since the start of the 517. How come he can stress everyone out at the gym and can't press a comp key-he always was stubborn. Sorta fits the bill for F Company.
  We have lost many of our comrades over the years. I don't know if he heard we lost another F Company fighter last week, Gary Davis of the 2nd Plt passed after a long fight with cancer. Members of my family traveled to Spokane to be with the Davis tribe. He was another fine soldier. Jeanne may be reached at jgdavis101@netzero.net
  My wife (Margaret) and I used to visit with your Dad and Mom just about once or twice a month when I was an instructor at Fort McPherson in Atlanta in their Terrorism program. We used to occasionally stay with them and they would accompany us on frequent occasions to the fort club. Saw them at a reunion several years ago, but sure miss seeing them on a monthly basis. Is your mom still the champion bowler and Walt at the gym?
  Drop me a line and "yo all" come to the next reunion-and get them there.
      Regards,
             Gene Frice, F Company   <genesir@gmail.com>
Lyn Vickers

Hi Ben....
I am down in Harlingen TX taking care of my sick mother.  Imagine my surprise when on the local TV they showed a bldg at the S. Texas Academy for Med Tech being named for a paratrooper....little did I realize that it was a member of the 517th, Erwin Scott..as I see in this MAIL CALL.  They had a very nice news item on it this past week.  When I saw his picture from WW2 & the paratrooper patch on him, I was determined to look & see if he was a member.  Thanks to his nephew, Scott Atkinson, I dont have to do any research.
Gas is $1.77 here & the weather is lovely....tho I cant wait to get back home to NW Florida!
Happy Vets Day--one vet to another!
Lyn Burton-Vickers

The Widdah Lyn and The Fine Old Gent, Cocoa
(Poopin Pepper the Crappin Cajun--May she rest in peace--1998-2008

Robert Kennedy

Robert W Kennedy
Happy Birthday Walt PERKOWSKI FROM ANOTHER F COMPANY 85 YEAR OLD BUDDY.

Hi Frank,

Click on link and scroll down and you will find a photo with Ismael.  Name is misspelled  but we had only one Ramos in H Co.

Frank Ramos
Ben:  Thank you  so much for the photo, that was real exciting to see him in the field with his buddies.  I have sent a copy of your note and the attached pictures to all my family including grand kids.   Bill Ford (Company H)  has a photo of my brother taken somewhere in France in front of a church door with a bunch of guys some before they went on a patrol according to Ford.   Bill showed it to me in Atlanta, GA when I met him the first time at his home and  misplaced to photo before he could make a copy for me.   I will call him to tell him about this photo and may know the fellows in the picture.

Fred Harman and Herb "Bill" Ford, both referred it my brother  as "Ray-mus"   for Ramos.  Thus, the misspelling of  Ramous.

Best