From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:35 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1655- 517TH PRCT-NOVEMBER 11, 2008

I expect to have another Mail Call later today. I can't make Mail Calls too long and I want to get the messages and photos from our Belgian friends as well as other Veterans Day messages from nearby friends

Irma and Arnold
Maria and Irma - in the morning, we had a Mass in the church of Trois-Ponts to pray for the peace, for the belgian and american veterans and ceremonies at the belgian monument. We send our love to you. Irma and friends
Le message est prêt à être envoyé avec le fichier suivant ou les liens joints :
11 novembre 08 018

Remarque : pour se protéger de virus informatiques, il se peut que les programmes de messagerie électronique évitent d'envoyer ou de recevoir certains types de pièces jointes. Vérifiez les paramètres de sécurité de votre messagerie électronique pour déterminer de quelle manière les pièces jointes sont gérées.

Roger VAUCHEL, the veteran, Raphaël, the little boy, Victorine MARGREVE, the Vice Mayor, Pol LACAILLE, the Echevin
Le message est prêt à être envoyé avec le fichier suivant ou les liens joints :
11 novembre 08 015

Remarque : pour se protéger de virus informatiques, il se peut que les programmes de messagerie électronique évitent d'envoyer ou de recevoir certains types de pièces jointes. Vérifiez les paramètres de sécurité de votre messagerie électronique pour déterminer de quelle manière les pièces jointes sont gérées.
Wanne - 517th MONUMENT -Armistice Day - ceremony at the Monument - The Vice-Mayor - 1st Echevin - a belgian veteran and a little boy as they lead flowers. With our thoughts in this special day. Irma and Arnold
Le message est prêt à être envoyé avec le fichier suivant ou les liens joints :
11 novembre 08 014

Remarque : pour se protéger de virus informatiques, il se peut que les programmes de messagerie électronique évitent d'envoyer ou de recevoir certains types de pièces jointes. Vérifiez les paramètres de sécurité de votre messagerie électronique pour déterminer de quelle manière les pièces jointes sont gérées.

Chris Lindner
Hi All:

I wanted to make sure and tell everyone HAPPY VETERANS DAY !!!!!

Chris Lindner
Kenton Floyd Immerfall

To Ben and all the other Vets...I know there are many Veterans, besides just the 517th, who view this site.  So, to all of you who have diligently and proudly served America in uniform, I'd like to add my humble "Thanks."  It isn't just because we celebrate today as the former Armistice Day, and the end of the "War to End All Wars," but this is how I and all Americans should feel day in and day out, 365, 24/7.  I will take the time today to sit down and read a few pages from each of the 517th books I now own.  Learning about the 517th through reading excerpts from Paratroopers' Odyssey, Battling Buzzards, and 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team allows me to further identify with so many who interrupted their lives in the early 1940s to keep me Free.  Only those who are Veterans, reading this, truly know and understand what those sacrifices were.  To you I offer not only my sincerest thanks but I offer my shoulder to lean on and I offer a prayer in your support and good health.  I feel that it is necessary to mention that most of you Veterans hated war.  How ironic that in order for there to be peace we must submit to wars.  You Veterans, however, saw the need to act, and it is you who have seen America's enemies up close.  Today, and every day, I hope each Veteran can take a moment to close his or her eyes and remember some wonderful times of so long ago.  God Bless You All!

Kenton Floyd Immerfall
Mary Jane Hanron

Dear Ben,

 I am honored to say Happy Veterans Day to you and Fran. I am so privileged to have met you and learn so much firsthand about the Battle of the Bulge, the 517th and World War II in general. You are offering a priceless service to all Americans and all good citizens of the world.

 I use much of your teachings and information provided by Mail Call in the classes I teach. So many of the kids today have NO IDEA and this is causing them to have a different, less favorable view of the US.

 I would encourage anyone reading this with even remote ties to children should make them aware of the Mail Call and those who fought in it. Since you site is on the internet, it is a natural source of information for kids since this is their preferred medium. Any teachers should really peruse the site. There are countless lesson plans that could be developed from its pages. Good Luck everyone! As supporters of Mail Call, we all have a duty to use this great resource to teach kids the goodness and strength of our nation. After all, they are our future and need to know about history in order to make informed decisions

 I often use this quote with the students: “Those unwilling to learn about history are dedicated to repeat it.”.

Best,