From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:35 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1656- 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 11, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Tom McAvoy

Lyn Vickers , Can you imagine my surprise in Toccoa when I see a guy (Robert Kennedy (We called him Skeets ) in the PX   Skeets and I had gone through grade school together, in Terre Haute Ind. (Actually Hunted Night Crawlers on  our Grade schools lawn at night) (really big ones) First question to each other . Are you going to jump?? Tom McAvoy

Gina Votti
Dearest Family and Friends,

I hope you find this suitable for adding to your Family wall.

(If you cannot print this Word file, I can send a PDF, but there is some
loss of clarity with PDF file.  Perhaps you can forward to someone who
can print the Word file.)

May God bless and keep our Soldiers, Veterans and their Families, and
may God have mercy on America.

Gina

Melanie Davis
Hello Ben, I would like to send out a Warm Veterans Day remembrance to the 517th in honor of my Dad-
Gary Davis F Co., that past away on Oct. 27th.  To all of you THANK YOU, YOU ARE MY HEROES and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Ben,  Please add me to your mail call list - Thank you  Melanie Davis-Hanson

Mike Ammeron
Dear Ben:

Thank you for adding me back onto the list.  My dad is happy to be receiving the hard copies that I print for him.  Since my dad has moved and I'm assisting him with his mail, bills, etc., he has not received the Thunderbolt and Static Line.  Both newsletters/magazines are most likely going to his old address and are being returned.  Would know whom I can contact for both the Thunderbolt and Static Line in order for me to correct his mailing addresses.  Even if you only know of a web site address for each I can research it from there.  Any help you might be able to provide would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike
SEND NEW ADDRESS TO HELEN BEDDOW Hbeddow@cs.com

Gabe Jordan
Best wishes to all of you who served.

I'm a young man who's been following the Mail Call for at least a year now, and it's my pleasure to wish you the best.
*************                            ********
Gabe is 16 years old and is interested in the Airborne.-;Ben

David Condero
Ben,

I want to wish you a Happy Veteran's Day.

David Cordero
St. George, Utah

Les Perkins

LES PERKINS  CO  C  517

    I PLAN ON BEING AT THE REUNION IN SALT LAKE

Howard Hensleigh
Ben:  I'll be here with no plans to venture afar.  HAPPY VETERANS DAY.  My best to you and your family,  HH
                                               *********
I told Howard that I would try to visit him during the holidays - Ben

Howard Hensleigh
Thanks Ben.   Here is an idea that may further thought of Dick Seitz regarding keeping the chief of staff interested and informed regarding the 517th and his uncle Chuck Boyer.  We should send the Lt. Col. who had combat missions with the 82nd two copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey, one for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and one for the Lt. Col.  This would give the Chairman a record of what his uncle did in WWII and let the Lt. Col know how we interfaced with the 82nd during the Bulge.  HH

Howard Hensleigh

Dick, Ben, Darrell, Leo,

We should make it a big deal wrapped up with a blue infantry ribbon around it, in the honor of the Admiral's uncle's service with us.  Red Meline and I can vouch for the fact that Chuck Boyer was a man of outstanding character and an excellent soldier throughout all our five major battles.  The message could be signed by the president and secretary--treasurer.  I will be glad to share the cost.

A better thought occurred to me as I wrote this.  Dick, who served as the CO of the 82nd and 18th Airborne Corps and is undoubtedly known at least by reputation to the airborne Lt. Col. and the Admiral, could send the books on his official stationary, representing the Board of Directors.

When Tom Cross and I asked him to be our speaker at Savannah he said he would accept if we gave him suggestions as to what to say.  We decided he would be better off on his own.  The same goes here.

Best airborne regards to all,  HH

                                            *******

I have informed our president, Darrell Egner, about this project and therefore Dick, Howard, Darrell and Leo can work on this project.

Craig Osborne email address is Craig.Osborne@js.pentagon.mil-Ben