From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:42 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1667- 517TH PRCT- DECEMBER 2, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Darrell Egner

Ben, thanks for the heads up regarding the Florida Mini.  Leila Webb needs help.  I know most people don't understand what it takes to put on a Reunion.  Leila has been working for months and not getting the cooperation she needs to plan.  To my knowledge we have never had less then 50 persons attend the Florida Mini yet she hasn't heard from but a few people and the Hotel Registration is way down also.  Please send your registrations in to Leila as well as the hotel.

Due to the lack of response the Hotel has changes some of the rules regarding prices, etc.  The deadline to let them know how many people will attend the Banquet is January 15, 2009.  After that we will pay for 50 dinners whether we use them or not.  There other charges that will effect what the Hotel charges unless we notify them with the true numbers of attendees.

This Mini has always paid for it's self in the past.  Frankly I have made a decision that if we don't cover expenses the defecate will come out of the 517 Treasury.  I realize this will not make me very popular but we are coming up to crunch time.  Remember the Reunion is next month.

Please if your coming get your Registrations in ASAP.  Leila should not have to worry about this as she already has enough on her plate just planning this Reunion.

Darrell Egner
President

Steve Markle

Here is the December 1983 issue of Wings. A lot of years have passed for these heroes. Many have gone but there are those still with us that we should celebrate... and never forget what they accomplished.

Article and index for all issues;

-Steve-

A Friend

This is really great!

Click on this link below and view an incredible presentation on the history of Kodachrome film. These images are simply amazing and of great historic value.

As most of you know, Kodachrome is extremely scarce and likely will not be available anywhere after this year ends and only one location in the world can process it.

An interesting view of America in the 30's.

         http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/ALookBackInHistory.htm

Today in History

1930: Hoover asks for $150 million for public works program

President Hoover recommended to Congress today that unemployment assistance and drought relief legislation be top priority during the economic depression. He specifically asked that $150 million be provided for a public works program that would create jobs and accelerate construction projects such as federal roads. In an editorial on December 3, 1930, The Chronicle Telegram relayed, "Mr. Hoover does not stress politics. He simply discusses the problem as any normal person would discuss it and asks every organization to concentrate on the problem so that men can go back to work."