From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:42 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1668- 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 3, 2008

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Cecil Doty

Greeting From Kansas

Just a note to let you know thing are going here in Hesston, KS.
I've been busy talking care of my  Brother Astate, Managing the Ice Cream Shoppe here in the Nursing Home and Helping Arlene.
Ben the last Mail Call I received was Nov. 20.  Are you using my new
e mail  address ?
cecildoty@cox.net   I know you are because I've received  other Mail Call with this address.

I hope to have more time in the future and will try to write more later.
 Cecil Doty

Jeanne Smith

Hello Ben:

My name is Jeanne Smith and my Dad, Walter W. Smith, was a member of the
517th parachute combat team in WWII.  I would like to make a donation in his
name for a Christmas gift this year.  He currently receives your emails and
thoroughly enjoys your articles and stories.  Is there a 517th site that I could make
a donation?  Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeanne

Good Morning Ben:

Thanks so much for your reply.  I will get the check to Leo this week.  It would be fine for you to make mention in your monthly Mail Call newsletter.  Dad can no longer read very well due to his macular degeneration, however my Mother relays the information in the newsletter to him.
Thanks again for all your help and I wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday.

Jeanne

Michelle Sullivan
I recently started doing a family tree.  I was talking with my mother last night and she told me that her mother's brother was killed in WWII.  I noticed that you received a couple of different e-mails about my great-uncle.  I am just looking for any information or if you can get me in touch with anyone that has any information on him would be great.  Thank you in advance for any information you can help me with.
                                                                                                                    Michelle Sullivan
                                                                    *********
I need name  of your great uncle.-Ben

517th  Snowbird Mini Reunion 2009
Reunion Registration Form
January 17 - 20, 2009

Name  ____________________________________________________________________

Spouse ____________________________________________________________________

Guest ____________________________________________________________________

Names _____________________________________________________________________

Address ____________________________________________________________________

City ____________________  State ____________  Zip Code __________

Phone Day  ____________________ Cell ________________________

Unit ___________________________

Arrival Date _____________________

Registration Fee - $40.00 per person (includes Banquet Dinner and Hospitality Room)

Banquet Dinner: Roast Beef  ______________________ (# of people)

Lasagna  ______________________ (# of people)

Please mail Registration Form to:

Mrs. Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Phone: (407) 892-3595
email:
williamtwebb@netscape.com

Reservation Forms are due no later than December 15, 2008

AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION

Our hotel is located 25 miles west of the Orlando International Airport.  Directly outside the baggage level on each concourse at the airport is a commercial transportation company ticket counter - MEARS

This company provides 8-10 passenger shuttle van transportation to our hotel departing every 20-30 minutes as long as aircraft are still landing at the airport.  This cost is approximately $31 per person round-trip and $19 per person one way.

Mears:  800-223-3868