From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:33 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1681- 517TH PRCT- DECEMBER 21, 2008

Hello, MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Send Mail!

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

                                                                  National Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                Salt Lake City

West Coast Party                                                July 2009

April 20-24, 2009

 Dick Seitz

To all the magnificent 517th Troopers and their wonderful families. Heartfelt wishes for a Merry Christmas and a New Year that fulfills all the hopes and dreams you have     for it.  You are the finest paratroopers that ever pulled on a pair of jump boots and are in my thoughts this season and always.  With profound respect and admiration for each you.  Airborne all the way! Dick Seitz

Edith  Henningsgaard Miller
The wind and ice and snow is surrounding us here in Astoria, Or--which we rarely have.  It is a grim reminder of what the paratroopers in Bastogne those 64 years ago had to endure.  I have been privileged to be married to two paratroopers--one a physician in the 101st Airborne who tended both American and Germans as the need arose and Joe Miller from the 517th.  We can all be forever grateful that their courage and bravery allows us to have another safe Christmas here in our wonderful United States.  A blessed Christmas to those who served us so well.  Edith Henningsgaard Miller
Chris Lindner
Hi Ben:

I wanted to wish all of the 517th Veterans and their families a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR.

It can never be said enough to THANK ALL OF THE VETERANS AND ALSO THE MANY SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN through out all of the years for everything that you all have done for the United States and all of us.

Because of all of you Rick and I are awaiting the arrival (in a free world) to our first grandchild.  Our daughter and her husband are expecting there first baby December 30, 2008-----!!!!!!

I hope everyone in the 517th family enjoys this years Holidays.

Chris Lindner

Christmas Greetings (includes complete 1944 Team roster)

theBATTLE of the BULGE
64 years ago, in September 44, after four years of occupation theBelgian people rejoiced as they welcomed their liberators.But a few months later, in December 44, the celebrations were abruptly interrupted by a large - scale german offensive.In 1994 we commemorated the 50th Anniversary of the passed events and the G.I. of the lithography was the symbol of the Battle of the Bulge commemorations:the snow, is a reminder of the tough weather conditions during the '44 winter, and the green firs represent the woods of the Ardennes.In the background, the American flag is proudly floating,triumphant, after the terrible fight, the rip and tears symbolize the roughness of the battle.In the lower part of the poster, the Nazi flag is trampled down by a determined G.I. walking in the tracks left by a tank.This lone soldier may be a relative, perhaps a son or a friend who is courageously showing us, step by step, the way to freedom and victory.

64 years ago in The Ardennes