From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:00 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1683- 517TH PRCT- DECEMBER 23, 2008

Hello, MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Send Mail!

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

                                                                  National Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                Salt Lake City

West Coast Party                                                July 2009

April 20-24, 2009

Bill and Babbie Boyle

Merry Christmas to each and all may the Lord bless you.
Bill and Babbie Boyle

Michael

WARMEST REGARDS MERRY XMASS AND BEST WISHES TO ALL OF YOU MEMBERS OF THE 517 TH ASSOCIATION FROM MRS THE MAYOR BOYER MICKAEL , ERIC , FROM THE AIRBORNE MUSEUM AND ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE TOWN OF LE MUY FRANCE REMEMBERING FOR EVER THEIR LIBERATORS GIVING YOU THE APPOINTMENT FOR NEXT SUMMER 65TH ANNIVERSARY.

Mickael

 Wayne Crossd Babbie Boyle

As we near Christmas and we give thanks for the great blessings of our lives, we should keep in mind those who paid the supreme sacrifice during this month 64 years ago.  These Troopers of the 517th were killed in action during the month of December 1944:

Pvt. Carl L. Barrett, Company C
2nd Lt. Roland A. Beaudoin, Company C
Sgt. Stanley S. Brown, Company C
Sgt. William H. Delaney, Company C
1st. Lt. Harry D. Allingham, Company C
Cpl.  Frank L. Timinski, HQ. 1st Bn.
Cpl. Edward J. Lang, Company C
Sgt. Charles A. Critchlow, Company A
Sgt. Wendell J. Tinger, Company I
Cpl. Courville B. Tarpley, Company I
Pvt. Merle A Kaminsky, Company I
Pfc. Paul A. Rzonca, Company I
Pfc. Fred H. Iserman, Company I
Pfc. William J. Eckart, Jr. , Company I
Pvt. Albert J. Vasquez, Company I
Pvt. Edward W. Weimer, Company I
Pvt. Robert L. Williams,Company I
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, Company I
Pvt. Arthur W. Sessum, Company H
Pfc. Clyde C. Whittington, Company H
Pvt. John S. Penn, Company I
Pvt. Frank O. Scott, Jr., Company I
Pfc. Edward G. Walsh, Company I
Sgt. David A. Rivers, Company B
Pvt. Elmer R. Clow, Company A
Pfc. Tildon W. Shaddox, Company C
Pfc. John Mitchell, Company B
Pvt. Leonard M. Fancher, Company B
Pvt. Ludlier Page, Company B
Pvt. Bobby Fidler, HQ/1st Bn.
Pfc. Shannon Smith, Company I

May God rest their souls.  This was just the beginning of the sacrifices that came during the Battle of the Bulge. If I missed anyone please forgive me.  I would have included a list of the wounded but it would have been too long for a single email.  January 1945 would take an even greater toll of good men. We all owe them our prayers as we celebrate the blessings of this special Holiday Season.

Rick Sweet

To Ben and my many friends with the 517th. I want to inform you that my sister, Sheila McFerron , the daughter of PFC 1st class Odas Sweet H co passed away today at the age of 59. She apparently died of heart failure in her sleep.  I would appreciate your prayers as my family and I go through these difficult times in the following days.  Thank you all, God bless you all and Merry Christmas to you and your families.

 Proud Son of a Buzzard
 Rick and James Sweet

Bob Barrett

Here is the info from the eBay page that Steve Markle mentioned:

Merry Christmas V-MAILS 517 Combat Paratrooper Team WWII 1944 Army 3 BN CP

You are looking at 2 V-Mails done by my father in 1944 when he was in France with the US Army 517th Combat Team Paratroopers.  He signed the cartoon Lt. R. Spencer.  He is well-known for designing the 517th Battling Buzzards Patch.
This Christmas cartoon was probably done due to a request from the Command Post.  These were copied so others in the outfit could use them.

Ray Estrella

Hello Ben welcome to sunny California.  Thank You so very much for the hard work and dedication that you devote to the 517th website. It is because of you that we stay connected, and informed. Have a safe and healthy holiday season, and the very best wishes to you and your loved ones from the Estrella and Duran family. Ray Estrella

Manhay - Christmas 1944