From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:23 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1686- 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 27, 2008

 MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
Hello,
I've been trying to include all pertinent information in Mail Calls. However, I do not have all my resources with me and I may put some off for a later Mail CALL and then sometimes forget to include it in a later Mail Call. It happens. If I do not include your mail, send it again.

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

                                                                  National Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                Salt Lake City

West Coast Party                                                July 2009

April 20-24, 2009

Kent Immerfall

Dear Ben and all  517th Paratroopers, Family & Friends,

Today could not pass without my thoughts of my uncle (Floyd A.  Stott) and the other brave  517th Company "I" soldiers who were KIA near  Manhay, Belgium, 64 years ago.  My America flag is proudly waving in the breeze outside my home.

In reading the past few Mail Calls I have to thank so many people, including you Ben, for keeping the memories alive of so many brave men.  I also must thank God for allowing those who made it through Manhay and beyond to return alive to this great nation, continue to live and thrive, and relate their stories of those battles that "fill in the blanks" for me and what my uncle endured.  You may never know how important it was for me to meet these true Band of Brothers in St. Louis.

I have a copy of the book that Eddy Monfort wrote and I want to thank  Emile Pirard for the translation of the poem (Hold at ALL cost), if she, indeed, did the translation.  I can't remember if Eddy or  Emile did it.  I have printed out a copy of that poem because it brings me closer to Uncle Floyd and the brave soldiers who fought beside him.

Question:  In Mail Call #1683, December 23, 2008, there is a photograph of Manhay.  I don't see any snow.  Is it possible that photo was taken some time after the  Dec. 27th take over or wasn't there snow at that time, just bitter cold?  And, does anyone remember which direction the photo is taken from?

I want to thank Wayne Cross and Babbie Boyle for the names inserted of those  517th soldiers who gave their full-measure in December, 1944.  Thank you for including Floyd's name, along with those Band of Brothers who died alongside him.

I keep trying to piece together how Floyd and the other Co "I" soldiers made their way through Europe after jumping into France.  Ben, you gave me another detail in Mail Call #1677 with your mention that, "The 3rd  Bn."  I guess I didn't realize that Uncle Floyd was at the place of the Massacre, thankfully after the fact.

In closing, Ben, I want to take this belated opportunity to wish all those who view these wonderful Mail Calls a Very Blessed and Thankful Holiday Season and offer this thought for the New Year: May ONLY good health and success be with each and all of you daily.  America needs a rebirth of spirit and it can only begin with each of us doing whatever we can to assist our leaders.  God Bless!

I regret that I will not be attending the Kissimmee Mini but I have been making plans to attend the Palm Springs event as well as when you all meet in Salt Lake City in July 2009.  I've been looking for a good reason to make a trek to Salt Lake so I could do some genealogy research.  Now I have my reason!

Kenton Floyd Immerfall
                                       ********************
Memories are fading, but there was no snow at Manhay. There had been fog for about a week previously.   H Co. CP was on the left of this photo.  Hope all can get this link http://517prct.org/audiovideo/ManhayDiscussion060403.mp3 It is a recording that seven of us made at a recent reunion and it is on our Website. A bit of garbage at the beginning. Really starts when Lud Gibbons gives his account of the activities. The translation of the poem was made by my son,  Bob Barrett .
Ben

Darrell Egner

Hi Ben

This is a report on who has registered for the Florida Mini.  Leila Webb and I talked today December 27, 2008.

Mortensen, Jim & Brenda
Barrett, Ben
Egner, Darrell
Webb, Leila, Bill & Tom
Seitz, Dick
Dean, Leo
Boyle, Babbie
Scaringi, Lou & Joyce
Smith, Daniel & Fay
Beddow, Helen & Hal
Giblin, Claire
Johnson, Allan
Johnson, Leroy
McDonald, Emme, Hunter, Keith

Talked to Jack Collins on the phone a few days ago and he and 3 others are coming.  Sam Povach and Irene always come, they just like to pay when the arrive.  We are missing some of the old faithful like Dorothy Mackenzie, Ponnie Davis, the Frice gang and many others. Also talked to Tom (Black Tom) Cross last week and he will try and come but Betty is not well and some one has to be with her at all times.

The cutoff date of December 15 is an error.  Leila will accept registrations between now and January 15 so please contact her so she can plan accordingly.  She has been hard at work planning a great Reunion so please give her an assist by signing up now.

Darrell Egner
President

Gregory NEGRO gregnegro@hotmail.com

trying to get in contact with Al Goodman or somebody who can help me with me request bellow...

hello Sir,

my name is Gregory NEGRO, i am living in southern France, in Mandelieu exactly, i am a WWII helmets collectors and a WWII photos and documents keepers regarding the liberation and the fights in my area.

i would like to know if you have some stories to share about the liberation and the photos of Mandelieu, also looking for the place where you guys had been waiting in the mountains around mandelieu before entering the city of Cannes.

i am also looking for the place exactly where you friend Howard D. Jaynes, Jr had been killed. i readed that his dog tag and his fellow colleague's tags was not found neither, if you have some detail i would be glad to look after and to send it back to the 596th Airborne Engineer Company memorial if there is any.

waiting for your reply

regards

Gregory NEGRO (33) 06-24-09-56-79

hello there

i would like to know how Patrick L. Michaels died? and where?