From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:58 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1687-517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 28,2008

 MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
Hello,
Rough time with organizing this Mail Call with address book.Hope all get this Mail Call

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

                                                                  National Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                Salt Lake City

West Coast Party                                                July 2009

April 20-24, 2009

Pat Seitz and Allan

Dear Ben:
    We have just returned from celebrating Christmas with Dad and the clan in Kansas and so enjoyed reading Mail Call.  What would we do without your wonderful work with Mail Call!  We'd like to join the chorus of your fans, especially the recent notes of Kent Immerfall and Ray Estrella, to say thank you for being the communications force and superglue that you are.  Your work is a daily gift to so many. All God's blessings for you and your wonderful family throughout 2009.
    May we also add a special thanks to Irma, Arnold and Marie for the memorial Mass and their tireless efforts for preserving the history and memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice 64 years ago during the Bulge, and to Wayne Cross and Babbie Boyle for the roster of those killed, and to Eddy Monfort for sharing Emile Pirard's poem (and your son's translation).  Those memories this Christmas were particularly poignant as Dad shared his memories of that time with all of us kids and his one grandchild.
    Dad is looking forward to attending the mini-reunion in Florida next month.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
    We were sorry to read the news of Rick Sweet's sister.  Our sympathy, thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. May they sense they are enveloped in God's love and be flooded with warm, special memories to help counterbalance their sorrow.
        Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
Tom McAvoy

I just received a card from Ed Athey that his wife June is in Hospice care No further word on her.  I know she would appreciate a card from  us 517 people.  Ed was a very  well liked Officer of 3rd Btn H company, I believe. Her and His address  409  Shasta Ave. Yreka Calif. 96097 Tom McAvoy

Kent Immerfall

Ben,

Thanks for being on TOP of this website.  And a special thanks to Bob for doing the translation of the "Hold At All Cost" poem.  I was sent a copy (a couple of years ago) of the discussion about what took place at Manhay.  Again, thank you to all 517th Band of Brothers for keeping these events alive when the rest of the world had no idea what was going on.

Kent Immerfall

 Jim Mortensen
The name is Mortensen not Mortson as listed on the attendees at Kissimmee.

Can you issue a correction please.

Jim
Stephen Ambruster

Ben, Just got my first computer and received a copy of mail call from another buddy, please add me to your list. Also the roster has a correction in the phone no. change from 323 to 828 area code.

Stephen Armbruster

509 Belvidere ct.

Hendersonville, NC

828-697-1254

Thanks

Chris Lindner

I made my plane reservations for the mini --- I have to get hotel reservations.  I will be coming in on Sunday Jan. 18.

Someone has just signed your guestbook!

Name: Scott Ross