From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 5:14 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1694- 517TH PRCT-JANUARY 06, 2009

Computer is having a rough time cooperating and so I will send this Mail Call out now.More photos from Irma later.

 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

                                                                  National Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                Salt Lake City

West Coast Party                                                July 2009

April 20-24, 2009

Bob Dalrymple

Re Mr Negro's questions . Howard Janes was killed in the Var River some distance down-river (South) from la Roquette . He and one or two others were deactivating 155 mm shells the Germans had strung up on poles to discourage us from using the Var as a drop zone . They were killed instantly . I believe Micheals was killed in a Jeep accident . I can't recall the location . Maybe Don Saunders or other 596ers can furnish the info. I was the Company Commander . Bob Dalrymple

Morris and Beverly McDowell

Ben,
I read the last mail call, and saw the pictures of Marie Gaspar at St Jacques Church. In the picture you can see the pictures I took to the church in September of 2007. The pictures are on a table in the background. Layton Pippin is on the left, and Richard Lynam is on the right. on this day Jan. 5, another soldier from 'H' company was killed at Bergeval, Corwin Clark, I believe from Iowa. It is hard to imagine how you men were able to withstand the horrors of war, and the bitter weather conditions of the Bulge. I salute all of the men of the 517th who served, you are all HEROES in my book, someone else can amen this if you please. I appreciate the men and women of Belgium who keep the memory of the 517th alive in Belgium, thanks to all of the Belgium Patriots. The best in the new year, Morris and Beverly McDowell

Gene Brissey

Hello everyone. With the help of my family I have read Mail Calls. With their help I am trying to write, At preset I am almost blind. Enjoyed reading Mail Calls.  Especially letters from Erma and Arnold in Belgium and their mention of Marie Gaspar. Those people are special! So are our  517 "Brothers" I can't  dictate very  well I'll be back to normal [almost] soon I hope. Until then And after then I wish everyone a great 2009. Gene.

Scott Ramsey
Ben,

     Thank you again for putting my request in the Thunderbolt. I am as always looking for anyone involved with the 517th to share their history. For over four years now I have done interviews and collected stories from WWII veterans and I would very much like to hear from someone in the 517th. With the New Year here I am looking forward to beginning phone interviews as well. Although I have not had much response for my request in the past, I still enjoy each Mail Call I receive and look forward to the day that I can meet some of the people I read so much about. I will do my best to preserve any WWII history you would like to share.
There is a link below if you would like to know more about me.
Have a great week and God Bless the 517th!

Scott Ramsey
(850)276-7324
WWII Interviews and collector
Below is a link to an article about me interviewing WWII veterans
http://www.newsherald.com/news/trying_69686___article.html/city_war.html

I am also looking for ANY WWII items such as maps, uniforms, pictures, written materials, etc..

Please contact me again if you do not receive a reply to your email within a week.

More Photos From Irma
Logbiermé - Mayor of Trois-Ponts, Vice-Mayor and belgian veterans - 3 janvier 2009

Mayor GABREL, Victorine(Vice-Mayor) and Maria
Le message est prêt à être envoyé avec le fichier suivant ou les liens joints :
Darrell Egner

Helen

Looking forward to seeing you in a week or so.  I told Leila you would be down a day early to help out.  Ben is there any way you could put the picture (that Helen talked about in the last mail call) of us standing by the plane on Mail Call? If this would be possible a lot of folks could ID them selves.

Helen if you could notify Ben for Mail Call when you are planning to put out another T-Bolt in advance, that would give people a chance to supply information for you to include.  Just a rough time estimate would do.

Regards,

Darrell Egner

Just for you Darrell