From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 8:35 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1697-517TH PRCT-JANUARY 8,2009

Not complete. Just trying to catch up.

 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009

Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)

Hosted by: Leila Webb, Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida  34747

Tele: 1(800)327-9170          FAX 1(407)396-4320

Contact: Leila Webb, Helen Beddow and Lou Darden

4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, Florida       34772

Tele:(407)892-3595

Room Rate - $65.00            Registration Fee - $40.00

                                                                  National Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                Salt Lake City

West Coast Party                                                July  8-13  2009

April 20-24, 2009

 Micheael Wells

Ben:
Thanks for passing on my request to Cecil Doty.  He replied recently and identified a Trooper in some of the pictures I have as: John MORGAN, and said that it was his camera that took the pictures.  He also provided information on a Trooper that was a good friend of Chester's: Richard MITACEK.  Cecil also provided information on both of these Troopers.  I appreciate very much that he took the time to look over the information I sent him.  This web-site has been just FANTASTIC for those of us who are looking for information and we appreciate members of the 517th taking their time to answer our endless questions!

I'm still working on the letters I have that Chester sent home from Europe and will share them on the web-site soon.

Hope to see everyone in SALT LAKE CITY in July 2009!  ATTACK!

Darrell Egner
Helen

Thanks for the picture just for me, what an honor.  I'll start the ball rolling so you have one name for your picture.  I'm the 3rd one from the right with the Red Cap on.  Come on Guys send Helen or Ben your ID.  This should be a fun project and well worth the few minutes it would take to identify yourself.

Darrell Egner

Patricia and Roland

Hello Ben,
on your last mail call we have red a sentence from Harry Truman but we can't inderstand the word BUTE.It doesn't exist on our dictionary !
Could you explain it for us ?

Thanks.
And ... BRAVO ... for your wonderful job on these mail calls.

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France

Harry Truman said " I don't make many mistakes but when I do they are butes"
                                             *********
Hi Patricia , That was my recollection of what he said. Butes is slang for huge, big, large. He also said "I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell."

Frank Ramos
Ben:  for the information of the 517th members and families.  I will not be able to attend the Florida event as I have a medical appointment on January 20th in VA for my quarterly cancer follow up check up.

Frank

Christophe Mora,

 Dear sir,

Let me first introduce myself: my name is Christophe Mora, i'm a 39
years old french person, very interested in WW2 history, and most
particulary with the U.S. paratroops.

I've been researching (non-professionaly) the Parachute troops for now
4-5 years.

I'm witting to ask a little question, hoping that maybe you'll be able
to help me out a little bit...

On the June '43 Prop Blast book that you are reprinting on your
marvelous website, i found out this officer, I Company commanding
officer, Captain S. H. FRANK, and i was wondering if this officer could
be Captain Sanford M. FRANK who was commanding C Company, 507th Parcht
Inf. in Normandy, and was killed in action on June 12th '44?

I was figuring maybe the "H" in the name was a typo for "M", i figured
it might be possible.

If you have any informations regarding this, i hope you wouldn't mind
sending them to me.

I hope you will understand my poor english,

Happy new year, and thank you VERY MUCH for the incredible website,

Christophe Mora

Bob Barrett

Found this.

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Facility/3991/ww2spear.htm

It has a couple of mentions of the 517th in this section:  Ardennes Winter Campaign