From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:10 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1709 - 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 25, 2009

 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

 1944 Dec 14 - Hamburg Iowa Reporter - Howard Hensleigh in Les Arc

Electricity for Beginners; Joigny, France, 1945

1944 Christmas V-Cards by Dick Spencer, done for the 3rd Battalion

596th PCEC Newsletters 1980-1983

Sospel 1944 and 2008

Pvt. Richard Whidden, D Company

Col de Braus battle - 64th anniversary

Sospel 1943 and nows

 Click on for details                           Dates soon

Palm Springs, CA                  National Reunion

West Coast Party                   Salt Lake City

April 20-24,                     July 2009

Bob Barrett

Did you get this already?

Leo Dean and Hal Beddow jumped at the Florida reunion . It was 119 for Leo. The above link was for a 2008  jump.-Ben

Guess who?

Darrell Egner

Hi Debi

Haven't heard from you since the Washington Reunion.  Have you crashed any Motorcycles lately?

I saw your kind offer to help with the SLC Reunion in the last Mail Call.  Lory Curtis is heading this one up and he lives in West Jordan, UT where ever that is.  Lory has been working on this one for the past few months and is doing a great job.  I am sure he could use your help.  I believe his phone number is 1-
We missed you and your Dad (Bob West) in St. Louis.  See if you can get the old man to come to the 2009 Reunion.

Regards,

Don Gentry

 Subj: Duty, Honor, Country

Hello Ben, the attached file is the U.S. Army Field Band and Soldier's recording in MP3. It honors all our Soldiers, past and present.

Don Gentry
Trouble locating Don's link-Ben

Bob Barrett

Just found and posted:

Fort Benning - Advanced Infantry Officers Course:

First Battalion, 517 PIR at Soy, Belgium, 22-24 December 1944 by Sydney Marks.

Third Battalion, 517 PIR at Bergstein, Germany, 4-8 February 1945, Gohmert, Roland L. CPT

Darrell Egner
The following persons attended the Florida Mini.
Seitz, Dick
Mortensen, Jim & Brenda
Barrett, Ben
Egner, Darrell
Webb, Leila,Bill,Tom
Dean, Leo
Boyle, Babbie (3) Bill's Nephews
Scaringi, Lou & Joyce
Smith, Daniel & Fay
Beddow, Helen & Hal
Giblin, Claire
Johnson, Allen
Johnson, Leroy
McDonald, Emme & Hunter
Berry, Keith (McDonald)
Povich, Sam & Irene
Collins, Jack (4)-daughter  & Son-In -Law
Lindner, Chris
Davis, Ponnie
McMorrow, Merle & Mardy

Plus the 4 Honor Guards and their wives for the Banquet.
( ) Means I don't have their names.  Help Ben!
Darrell Egner
         **********
Chris has already notified me about missing - Ben
Bob Barrett
The 1943 U.S. ban on sliced bread

Today is Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today in
World War II History

1942 - Thailand declared war on the United States and England. Japan had made an amphibious landing on the coast of Thailand on December 8, 1941.

Random World War II Quote

"The men of Normandy had faith that what they were doing was right, faith that they fought for all humanity, faith that a just God would grant them mercy on this beachhead or the next. It was the deep knowledge -- and pray God we have not lost it -- that there is a profound moral difference between the use of force for liberation and the use of force for conquest."
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan, Normandy, France, June 6, 1984.

Random World War II Quote

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely."
General Dwight Eisenhower - June 6, 1944

Random World War II Quote

"Soldiers of the Reich! This day you are to take part in an offensive of such importance that the whole future of the war may depend on its outcome."
Adolf Hitler - July 5, 1943