From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:21 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1711- 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 27,2009

.
 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

 1944 Dec 14 - Hamburg Iowa Reporter - Howard Hensleigh in Les Arc

Electricity for Beginners; Joigny, France, 1945

1944 Christmas V-Cards by Dick Spencer, done for the 3rd Battalion

596th PCEC Newsletters 1980-1983

Sospel 1944 and 2008

Pvt. Richard Whidden, D Company

Col de Braus battle - 64th anniversary

Sospel 1943 and nows

                                                                Salt Lake City Reunion

Palm Springs, CA          Thursday July 9 thru July 13

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

Helen Beddow

I just received a note from Julia Dorsett, wife of Lester Doresett.  I thought perhaps some of the 517th men would remember her husband. Her note is as follows:

"With regret, I report the passing of CWO 3 Lester Dorsett, August 20, 2008.  Mr. Dorsett was Col. Rupert Graves driver during the war.  He had great love and respect for him (Col. Graves) and managed to see him several times over the years.

He served 23 years before retiring.  He volunteered as a Private in 1945.  Mr. Dorsetts funeral was conducted with full military honors."

Julie A. Dorsett

June Huffman

Hi Ben,  I am back On Line after along absence. but I do enjoy hearing from you, and keeping up with everybody.  The reunion sounds like a great success, so happy so many were able to attend. Hopefully I can be at the next one.  I sent my dues in so now I feel like I am a part of the group again.  Thanks for keeping us in touch.    Darrell is doing a good job too - thanks to everybody who are helping to keep us together. Hello to all I have been missing!!!   June Huffman
Dan Mars (Eugene's son)
Ben:

Please change my email to dmsail@gmail.com.

Thanks for all the great work that you do.

Dan Mars

Lory Curtis
Oh, I thought you knew, it is Thursday July 9 thru Monday July 13, 2009

Looking forward to seeing you again.  I am very sad to think this is the last National Reunion.

Lory
Bob Barrett
Mark,

I found these articles here:

I took copies of everything with 517th in the title.  I just realized there is another one of the So. France invasion.  https://www.infantry.army.mil/monographs/content/wwii/STUP2/HollisHarrisW%20CPT.pdf
I will look for more.
Hope this helps.

Bob Barrett
Bob Barrett

I just posted this, with photos.         click on  Norman L. Ross, I Company