From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:42 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1712, - 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 28, 2009

Please try to send links instead of downloads for Mail Call. You can send me anything but I try not to publish material pertaining to religion, jokes or inference pertaining to the political specter.

 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

                                                                Salt Lake City Reunion

Palm Springs, CA          Thursday July 9 thru July 13

West Coast Party

April 20-24, 2009

John Krumm
Ben,

This is John Krumm in Stockholm, Wisconsin.   I really appreciated reading Jim Mortensen's story and the Advanced Infantry Officer's Course reports that were referenced in a couple of the recent 517th Mail Calls.  The story and reports really reflect the great sacrifices that were made and what was endured and accomplished to preserve freedom.  Mortensen's story has a great deal of color to it.  One can actually feel the emotion as one reads the story.  Thanks for posting the references in the Mail Call.

I am wondering if these may be put on the website.  Perhaps they are already on the site.
                                                   ***********
They are on the website.-Ben

Lory Curtis
Good news, the Utah National Guard notified me today that the 23rd Army Band will perform a concert for us, Friday evening July 10th at the Radisson Hotel (our host hotel) at 7 pm.  This should be a great concert.  They also told me that they are working hard to try and make the parachute jump a reality from their own 19th Special Forces Group.

Lory

George Jansson
Hello to everyone with the 517. My wife is back working after having a stroke in March. We have missed mailcall and are looking forward to receiving it again. On a very sad note, Bert's wife of almost 58 years passed away on January 18, 2009. Our mom and dad have always been held in the highest regard and love from their entire family. Bert is coping, and missing her as we send this. They have always set a standard that would be hard to follow in terms of love, honor and integrity. Hopefully the generations that follow Dagny and Bert can fill that standard. Thank you for the standard that your generation had set .  Dagny and Bert had a good life together. I really don't know how to close this, so regards to all of you. George
                                                                    *****************
George and Peter Jansson are the sons of Bert Jansson B Co. They attended the Washington reunion  with their father. who was in a wheel chair. It was his first reunion which he enjoyed very much. Trooper Walsh drove them from the airport and help them to get around safely .

Today is Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today in
World War II History

1945 - During World War II, Allied supplies began reaching China over the newly reopened Burma Road.

Random World War II Quote

"Never in history has the navy landed an army at the planned time and place. But if you land us anywhere within 50 miles of Fedela and within 1 week of D-Day. I'll go ahead and win."
Major General George Patton - November 1942 (Commenting of the North Africa Landings)
                                                               World War 2 poster
We Can Do It! Poster Art Print by J. Howard Miller