From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 3:37 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1716- 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Tom Cross

 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

  Click on                                                              Salt Lake City Reunion

Palm Springs, CA          Thursday July 9 thru July 13

West Coast Party

April 20-24,2009

Giles Guignard

Dear Ben and Bob,

I hope you are doing fine.

Today, Feb 1st 2009 is Colonel Tom Cross' birthday.

Here is a special birthday card (attached to this email) for him.

It would be great if you could include it in the next 517th mailcall so that everybody can see it.

The card is also presented on the first page of my 517th blog

With kind regards from Europe,
You friend in the 517th,
Gilles

Bob Christie Jr.
Hi Ben.....Rick here...(Grandson from Overland Park, KS)

Bob and Mildred seem to be doing fine. Mom (who lives in Lakeland) checks in with them quite often. They are very active in their church - good for the heart and soul.

I'll let Bob (Christie) know you are trying to reach out to him.

Thanks for checking in.
Rick.......

Phil McSpadden

Man, what a POWERFUL song!  Excellent!!
It must have been a trick to put this all 20 together, but they have done a great job.
Hi All,
Well ... here's another good one! No ... here's one that beat's them all! An excellent song and video. One of the best I have seen in a long time! I had to watch it three times to just begin to see what it took to put it together. A masterpiece! It's a song written by Keith Carradine and performed by artists from all over the country. It will be performed Sunday night at a Gala at Washington's Renaissance Hotel. It has a powerful message, just listen to (and read) the words. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Ben doesn't tell you who that good looking trooper is in these pictures with me, but maybe you can guess.  Howard Hensleigh

Tom Reber
Dear Ben,

Thank you for sharing your CA photos.  Certainly, you are well attired in your 517th sweatshirt, but I must admit that Howard outshines you in his "Badger Red" sweatshirt!

My best wishes to you fellas!

Tom Reber
son of Lt. Robt. Reber
Walter Smith

BEN, NO DOUBT BUT THAT THE 1715 MAILCALL DISPLAYED THE PICTURES OF TWO GREAT TIRELESS WORKING AND GIVING MEN OF THE 517TH.  WE OF THE 417TH WHO ARE LEFT AND FRIENDS OF THE 517 OWE THE TWO OF YOU A GREAT DEBT. MY DEAR WIFE, PEANIE, POINTED THIS MAILCALL TO ME.
GOD BLESS SUCH A PAIR.
WALT SMITH HQ 1ST.   (IT TOOK AN HOUR TO DO THIS DUE TO MY EYES OTHERWISE I'D WRITE MORE. OFTEN)

Jerry Wolfford
                                              God spilled the paint.......

The east side of the Carrizo plain, in the Temblor
Range, about 50 miles due west  of Bakersfield,
California. Photo taken by Barbara Mathews
May 14. 2005

Nothing man can do could ever equal the glory of
God's creations

Today is Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today in
World War II History

1943 - Japanese forces on Guadalcanal Island began withdrawing.

Random World War II Quotes

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely."
General Dwight Eisenhower - June 6, 1944

"Defend Paris to the last, destroy all bridges over the Seine and devastate the city."
Adolf Hitler - August 1944