From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 5:56 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1718- 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY

Received mail today (FYEO) asking what happened to Mail Call.
Have to receive mail in order to send out Mail Call. I try to spice it up but your mail is what Mail Call is all about. I Thought that maybe it is time to realize that we are history. I will continue to send out Mail Call as long as there is interest in receiving it.

Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem
receiving them. You can always read back Mail Calls  by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

  Click on                                                              Salt Lake City Reunion

Palm Springs, CA          Thursday July 9 thru July 13

West Coast Party

April 20-24,2009

Marion Hupman

I'm the Daughter of Frank Human 460th C. I'm looking for information on the reunion in Salt Lake City. I'm planning on attending. I haven't been to a reunion since I was with my Dad in Reno I believe in 1991.  Look forward to seeing some the guys again I know Mac remembers me.
Thank you

Lory Curtis
Ben,
I appreciate Rick Sweets comments about coming to the Salt Lake City National Reunion July 9 - 13, 2009.  Our committee of Lory Curtis, Mike Wells, and Debi Coates have been working very hard to put together a great reunion.  We just about have the itinerary completed and I am sure the registration forms will be on mail call and in the Thunderbolt in the near future.  As Rick said, if you have not been to a National Reunion make plans now, it is going to be a great one.  Look forward to seeing all of you in Salt Lake in July.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st Bn
Lory Curtis
Ben,
Do you have a link to the sound track of the 82nd Airborne Choir singing Blood on the Risers?
Lory

 Thanks, I am forwarding this to the 23rd Army Band so they can play it for the reunion.

A Paratroopers Song

Lory
Tom Dorman
Wish our military had this kind of support today.

I DO remember!

>> I know that most of you are not old enough to remember these but they are
>> priceless and are vital messages.  We wonder whatever happened to this
>> kind
>> of thinking? I got a lump in my throat when I read this. I "grew up"
>> thinking, patriotism, it is the AMERICAN way! I am glad to see that
>> somebody saved them.
>>
>> These were our parents. What in God's name have we let happen?
>>
>>  ( I guess we 'oldies' are the last generation to see, or even remember
>> anything like these? Whatever happened?  Political correctness (or
>> "re-education") happened, lack of God's name happened, lack of personal
>> responsibility happened, lack of personal integrity and honesty happened,
>> lack of respect and loyalty to our country happened, lack of being an
>> American happened. )

Guiles Guignard

Dear Ben and Bob,

I hope you are doing fine.

Here is some info about Milton "Chopper" Kienlen Co A for the photos section of 517prct.org.

I thought it would be nice to honor him since there isnt any named pictures nor text of him on the website.

I am sending it as a Word document on 7 pages but it should take much less space on the website.
I hope you enjoy it and that you will add it to the photos section of the website.
With kind regards from Europe,
You friend in the 517th,

Gilles