From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 8:03 PM
To: Paseitz@aol.com; Tomx517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1727- 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY 15, 2009

  Click on                                                              Salt Lake City Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                                                           Thursday July 9 thru July 13

West Coast Party

April 20-24,2009

Darrell Egner

Ben

I received your Mail indicating all the people that did not receive Mail Call 1723.  My name was on the list so I went to Bobs Web site using www.517prct.org/archives and looked at all the mail going back to 1722 to the last one you sent out.  I received all of them.  While I am not completely sold on Comcast I believe the problem was generated by AOL.  I kept AOL when I changed over to Comcast as it's easier to work with.

Happy Valentine's Day to the 517 family.  Now it's time to clean up and fight the crowd at some restaurant to celebrate the day that every woman lives for.  A friend of mine came in from Michigan and suggested we meet for Dinner.  My choice would be to stay home and open a can of Beans.  Oh well it will probably be fun!

Darrell Egner

Bob Barrett

About that 1964 reunion, hosted by Terry Sanford:  We do have a photo on the web site:

Gov. Terry Sanford (seated), Standing, left to right; Gene Campion, Bob Reber, Mel Biddle, Bob Anderson, Don Fraser.

Karl Locker

Good afternoon, Ben.

Steve's posting of the Madawaska Victory manifest makes me wonder if we can get the Oneida Victory manifest as well?

Thank you,

Karl Locker
(Son of Walter A. Locker, Jr., Co. D)

Steve Markle
Here is the Fall 1995 issue of Wings;

...and the article that includes a full index of the issues that have been scanned to date;

There are a number of photos that are included in this issue, both from the Kansas City Reunion as well as WWII photos.

There is also a good historical write-up by Col Dalrymple on the actions of the 596 during the war (starting on page 33).

There also must be one (or more) of you who can explain why Charlie Pugh wrote that the 596 came to be known as "Ali Dali and his 140 thieves".

Surely my dad wasn't involved in anything that could be construed as "devious"... I believe he would often use the term "resourceful".

-Steve-
Steve has provided valuable information about the 596. Ben