From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:51 PM
Subject: MAIL CALL N0 1738- 517TH PRCT-MARCH7, 2009

 I Will send out Salt Lake City Reunion registrations as soon as I can post them in correct format.

Lt. Milton Kienlen, A Company

Happy Birthday, Col. Cross!

Norman L. Ross, I Company

1st Battalion at Soy, Belgium, 22-24 December 1944

3rd Battalion  at Bergstein, Germany, 4-8 February 1945

1944 Dec 14 - Hamburg Iowa Reporter - Howard Hensleigh in Les Arc

 Click on                                                  Salt Lake City Reunion

Palm Springs, CA                Thursday July 9 thru July 13

West Coast Party

April 20-24,2009

Allen Jeffcoat

 Ben
  Sorry to share sad news but my good friend, Calvin Johns of Godfrey,Il has passed away with cancer this week.   Cal was in D CO of the 517.   His last reunion was in St Louis this past year.     Please include his wife Nadine and the Johns family in your prayers.       With sad regard        Allen Jeffcoat
Wayne Cross

Really good to hear from you Ben!  Glad to hear you are back home. Don't try to do too much too quickly.  Btw, thank you for the great support for my Father's birthday.  We had a great time and he really enjoyed hearing from his comrades in the 517th.  It was a great evening replete with an Irish Band, open Bar and good friends to share it with him.  Best wishes, Wayne

Claire Giblin

hey, Ben -

Can you link En France Tours in Mail Call and on the website?  They're the ones doing the tour this summer -

enfrancetours.com
Claire

Marie Louis Spencer

That, you, dear Ben, are back "on the job" and feeling well.
I wanted to be just like you....so, I went to the hospital on Tuesday
and I had some stones removed from my bile duct.
Do you plan on going to P.S.? Joe and I will try to be there for
at least a couple of days.
Take good care of yourself, we need you.
Marie-Louise Spencer

Gina Votti

Praise the Lord, Ben!  You have been greatly missed.

I am hoping and praying to make the national, as well as France reunions, this year.

With deepest appreciation,

Gina

Richard Wheeler

Ben -
RE: Mail Call #1736 dated 05Mar2009
Message from Daniel Steinberg as to his grandfather Sgt Daniel F. Bellonio of "B" Bty 460th Prct FA Btn

Daniel, my name is Richard H. Wheeler of "B" Bty 460th Prct FA Btn. I have three (3) pages I've written about our Sgt Daniel F. Bellonio.  Please contact me at:   airbornekd@earthlink.net

Wayne Cross
Ben, in going through material Clark Archer had sent to me I found this map of the Dragoon Drop Zones and the Legends that I believe Clark added describing the various serials that jumped, where their departure fields were located, and where they actually landed on D-Day. There is a wealth of information contained in this map and I feel it may refresh some old memories and certainly will aid children in understanding where their Father's landed and a better perspective of the entire action. It certainly is a tribute to the ability of Clark Archer in recording the 517th's history and preserving this important historical record. By the way, when Howard mentions that the 3rd Battalion landed a good ways from the intended DZ, he was right. In fact it looks like a lot of them didn't even make this map! I digitized the map in a low resolution PDF so I could send to you. I also have a very high resolution copy of the map that takes over 300MB. At some point I will figure out how to convert this to a JPG and will send it along.

Gilles I am copying you as I think your re-enactment group will find this information very useful. I hope it contributes to your understanding of the invasion and the role of the Airborne element. I am pretty sure this material was prepared by Clark Archer, who was the official historian of the 517th and a damned good one.