From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:33 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1740,-517TH PRCT-MARCH 9, 2009

Just received information from Paul Jansson  that his father Bertil B Co. is in the hospital with serious problems. Bertil was at Washington reunion where Trooper Walsh was so helpful to Peter, Paul and their father Bertil. Bertil was thrilled to meet his Battalion Commander, Col. Bill Boyle at the reunion.

Rough day and so here goes. Errors, Omissions et all.

  website additions:

Marie-Pauline Rostagni 1944

Lt. Milton Kienlen, A Company

Happy Birthday, Col. Cross!

1944 Dec 14 - Hamburg Iowa Reporter - Howard Hensleigh in Les Arc

 Click on

                                                            National Reunion

                                                            Salt Lake City

                                                            July 200

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24,2009

Eileen Shaw, Bruce and Ron Broudy.

Just a note to let you know that Trudy Broudy, widow of Company A Captain
Joseph Broudy, died peacefully on Wed. 03/04/09. She is missed by her
children Eileen Shaw, Bruce and Ron Broudy.

Lory Curtis

Oops, one thing I forgot to mention.  The 23rd Army Band has agreed to perform a concert for us at the Hotel on Friday July 10th at 7 pm.  I think we should add this to mailcall and the Thunderbolt.  The band will take some advanced requests, and I have already made the request for "Blood on the Risers"  but you will have to sing it.  If someone has a special request for a specific song they might perform it if I can let them know well in advance.

Lory

Jean-Loup Gassend

Mr Gene Frice. I for one, would be interested to be able to see this map as a link on the 517th website.

 Jean-Loup Gassend

Wayne Cross
Ben I may not have included the Clark Archer's map of the Southern France landings in my earlier note so am including it in this note. If the file is too big for mailcall you might want to put it on the website. Hope this note finds you in good health. Best wishes, - wayne

Jerry Wolfford
Do you need a little pep- er- up- er. Here this is for you. Enjoy

 Pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      -- I've heard this thousands of times, but never like this. il
Divo continues to get better and better.  The last two minutes will
lift you out of your chair.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrnB4FZ-yc
Merle Traver

Ben,
We received this from our son and although it isn't the 517th we thought it would be of interest to all of the troopers.
We are so happy that you have recovered and diligently back to work on the Mail Call.
We'll see you in SLC.
Myrle Traver

 Wayne Cross
Ben I may not have included the Clark Archer's map of the Southern France landings in my earlier note so am including it in this note. If the file is too big for mailcall you might want to put it on the website. Hope this note finds you in good health. Best wishes, -wayne
Bob Barrett

I will put it on the web site tonight.  It is a pdf file, so you just need to put a link to it in your mailcall.  Anyone who can open a pdf file will be able to zoom in on it.  I will add some instructions when I post it.
Bob

Katherine Wheeler
Richard H. Wheeler
460th Prct FA Bn Bty B
We were able to get the Program/Tour information, and the Reunion Registration info.  But we were unable to get the hotel info and registration.
Katherine Wheeler, the email person
Thanks! Others must have had same problem. Try this Hotel Information and Registration  Ben
Wayne Cross
If Gene Frice could get copies of the map he kept of F Company's movements and make them available, Gilles and our friends in S. France would like to use it to retrace the route the F Company took during their movements in S. France.  Regards, Wayne

Gene Frice
Ben,
For Jean-Loup Gassend
  I have the original map (somewhere). Also, somewhere in the 517 "documents" is the copy made by one of our St Louis reunion visitors. He copied it and I saw it later as one of our 517 documents. Give me a few days and between Ben and I, the missing document may be found on the net. Otherwise I will start all over again.. I will forward my original document, "The Long Walk" of F Company, (of course the entire Regiment in their own path is another story.)
  Gene Frice

.